Monthly sales? Anyone have the guts, lol

G

I'm trying to figure out some realistic goals and would like your help.

How many policies are you getting issued on a monthly basis.

An average will do.

Also, are you face to face or face to phone?

And please, if you're going to BS, keep it to yourself.

Thanks everyone!

In '07 I had 168 cases issued (so what's that...14 a month), with average first year comp of $720. My average case was exactly $300/month, or $3,600 annual premium.

My average premium has been up a little this year, which surprises me since I do a lot of HDHP...

I do 99.5% on the phone.

I average one group health insurance sale a month.(small group) I am usually bidding on 4 or 5 a month. The sale cycle for these sales are usually 3 months to 5 years. I have prospects I have been calling for over 5 years.

On the indiviudal health side I am submitting 5 or 6 new policies a month and get 3-4 approved. I am sending out over 100 quotes a month and talking to only 10 of those prospects. Before I shifted to more on the group side I was writing about 11 policies a month but submitting at least 20.

On the life insurance side I am only selling 3 policies a year and they are term.

I really concentrate on all of my group renewals so I don't lose any clients.

There ya go I spilled my Guts!:D

I average one group health insurance sale a month.(small group) I am usually bidding on 4 or 5 a month. The sale cycle for these sales are usually 3 months to 5 years. I have prospects I have been calling for over 5 years.

On the indiviudal health side I am submitting 5 or 6 new policies a month and get 3-4 approved. I am sending out over 100 quotes a month and talking to only 10 of those prospects. Before I shifted to more on the group side I was writing about 11 policies a month but submitting at least 20.

On the life insurance side I am only selling 3 policies a year and they are term.

I really concentrate on all of my group renewals so I don't lose any clients.

There ya go I spilled my Guts!:D

Your guts look lovely, thanks, you too moonlight.

Yes, cost of living is high in NY but I don't sell here, I'm licensed in over 20 states non res.

That might be the problem.

Once you "send them a quote", they don't need you anymore. If you SELL it like a commodity, they'll BUY it like a commodity...

Its funny you mention that.
My website generats about 120 individual leads a month.
I can not get most of them to even take my calls.

So I call them and leave a message that I will be emailing the quote. Then follow up with another call and get nothing.

Now the ones that take my calls are the clients that want someone to consult them on what they should be doing for health insurance. Or they have had problems in the place with health conditions and so on. This is the group that I am closing.

What are you doing to get your closing rate so high on the indiviudal side?

Rob, how do you manage to keep up with the individual health insurance "nuances" in over twenty states?

very early on I worked at a call center and had over 30 licenses and tried to keep them but it's brutal, state specific documents and mandates, renewal fees, such a pain. I mostly keep them for training purposes so I'm licensed where I train.

And lately I've been training more/selling less so it works out.

When I sell I focus on where and what I know cold.

Its funny you mention that.
My website generats about 120 individual leads a month.
I can not get most of them to even take my calls.

So I call them and leave a message that I will be emailing the quote. Then follow up with another call and get nothing.

Now the ones that take my calls are the clients that want someone to consult them on what they should be doing for health insurance. Or they have had problems in the place with health conditions and so on. This is the group that I am closing.

What are you doing to get your closing rate so high on the indiviudal side?

Internet leads inherently are going to draw a wide variety of curiousity seekers and tire kickers.

How can you email them a quote without doing some want-finding?

How do you know what they "want"? What benefits they'll buy? What the HOT BUTTONS are? Why they're shopping for health insurance in the first place?

Latest posts

Back