MOO Allows Medicare Benefiaries To Enroll Early

bigeats

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
MOO Allows Medicare Beneficiaries To Enroll Early

I have been working with a couple of seniors who will be turning 65 in January and April.

While I had a less expensive carrier from which they could choose, they went directly to MOO and applied online (even though I am appointed with MOO, too).

I can understand how one of them was able to apply... but the other isn't even able to apply for Medicare until after Jan 1st - and according to the prospect - they took him anyway.

The killer is that this guy wanted historical data on these companies - and I had furnished him with the evidence that MOOs rates went up almost 20% last year... but since MOO told him that their average increase over the last 5 years was only 5% - he bought it and went with them direct.

No wonder I have not sold one of their policies this year. :mad:

Last edited:
he bought it and went with them direct.

Let me correct you here...

You have sold at least ONE policy for them... as evidenced by this client mentioned above... you just won't be getting paid on that sale. Sorry bout dat.

Re: MOO Allows Medicare Beneficiaries To Enroll Early

Mutual has always taken apps up to 6 months prior to Medicare start date on a T65 case (agents or DTC)

I have been working with a couple of seniors who will be turning 65 in January and April.

While I had a less expensive carrier from which they could choose, they went directly to MOO and applied online (even though I am appointed with MOO, too).

I can understand how one of them was able to apply... but the other isn't even able to apply for Medicare until after Jan 1st - and according to the prospect - they took him anyway.

The killer is that this guy wanted historical data on these companies - and I had furnished him with the evidence that MOOs rates went up almost 20% last year... but since MOO told him that their average increase over the last 5 years was only 5% - he bought it and went with them direct.

It doesn't depend on the insurance company as to whether or not the agent can write the app before the prospect goes on Medicare. Medicare has made that determination.

An agent can write a Med Supp app up to six months prior to the person going on Medicare without the need to ask any health questions.. (Six months prior to the month the person turns 65.)

"Open Enrollment" starts with the effective date of Medicare Part B and lasts for six months.

It does depend on what company you are writing them on.
UHC only allows apps to be taken 3 months before they are eligible for Medicare yet Bankers allows 6 months.

I wrote a med sup with uhc 5 months before eligible and they said "we will hold the app on our desk and when the 3 months gets here we will submit it to medicare for approval"

It does depend on what company you are writing them on.
UHC only allows apps to be taken 3 months before they are eligible for Medicare yet Bankers allows 6 months.

I wrote a med sup with uhc 5 months before eligible and they said "we will hold the app on our desk and when the 3 months gets here we will submit it to medicare for approval"
Companies don't submit med supp apps to Medicare for approval...

She must be thinking of MA's or PDPs, can't do those but 3 before

Nope, it was a med supp. I know what I wrote.
UHC would not process nor "verify" i should have said, the medicare number etc until it was 3 months out.

Latest posts

Back