Moo Di

Dec 1, 2008

1. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Got this link in the mail.

Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company

Personally, I never cared for group LTD plans. Usually a raw deal for the policyholder.

This one has some interesting (to me at least) twists. I have never heard of an LTD plan that pays a benefit to the employer.

Is this something unique to MOO and is this benefit available on individual DI plans?

somarco, Dec 1, 2008
  2. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    20 years ago I sold DI with moo, it was "association group" - which was just an indy plan with an association group discount, and the DI was a better rate for doctors and lawyers- and I do not recall the key employee feature. This could be something new, but it looks like they created a plan for docs and lawyers. Could still be "association group" of some sort... although it does not really mention that, it looks like a regular group plan. We used to sell business expense DI.

3. rsli-moses

rsli-moses New Member

State:
    Colorado
    Late response, but there are riders on group LTD out now that pay the COBRA premium for employees out on disability to employers. Kind of a big sell lately with the COBRA provision in the stimulus package I would think.