MOO United World Rate Increase

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
24% in most states HHHHAAAA! I knew it. Thats why even though they are usually the cheapest I try and steer clear of Mutual of Omaha. I would hate to get a phone call 3 yrs from now from a customer that now has an un insurable condition that is now stuck on this plan with 24% premium increases. Do some research and stop selling only on price. Initial price is important but its not the only factor especially with increases like this. We need to stop selling whatever flavor of the year med supp is the cheapest for that year just because it's the cheapest, we all know its only temporary. Companies like Woodman of the world/Assured life, or United Commercial travelers, etc... need to be reinsured just to get into the med sup market. Too many companies rely on low initial rates to gain market share knowing all to well that those low rates don't cover the actuall cost of insuring that block of business. It's predatory and it's not right. If your in arizona and you put any number of people on a united world MOO med sup plan you better hope you can go back and save those people because they are in for a world of hurt as that now isolated risk pool begins to shrink and become more expensive.

PPPHHHEeeww, thanks for listening... I needed to vent.:mad:

You need to take a look at the new rates that have been filed in AZ for the new standardized plans, especially Plan N.

MOO is also increasing the commission on Plan N. If you want to send me your e-mail address I can send you the new proposed rates along with the commission schedule.

You need to take a look at the new rates that have been filed in AZ for the new standardized plans, especially Plan N.

MOO is also increasing the commission on Plan N. If you want to send me your e-mail address I can send you the new proposed rates along with the commission schedule.

What does plan N cover? I need a chart that compares with the other plans.

Mutual of Omaha, then United World, then United of Omaha, now Gerber. You are right, MOO is a shell game. Once rates become experienced, they play the shell game. There are Mutual of Omaha customers in Milwaukee WI paying almost $400 per month for a Medicare supplement that ran $80 per month in 2001.

Plan N is plan F, with 155 dollar doctor visit deductible and on office vists you have a 20 dollar or 20% copay after the deductible, whichever is less. 50 dollar copay for emergency room.

Frank - Do you have any information on GA rates for UoO? I have heard that our plan N is going to be GI....that would be something that would cause a mass exodus from UWL!

Plan N is plan F, with 155 dollar doctor visit deductible and on office vists you have a 20 dollar or 20% copay after the deductible, whichever is less. 50 dollar copay for emergency room.

Plan N is the same as a Plan D with the copay. Not the "same" as a Plan F.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Frank - Do you have any information on GA rates for UoO? I have heard that our plan N is going to be GI....that would be something that would cause a mass exodus from UWL!

The rates for GA were approved over a week ago and agents can sell the Modernized Plans now with effective dates June 1 and beyond.

Plan N in GA is fully guaranteed issue. The app does not have the ESRD question.

Send me your e-mail address and I will send you the rates for GA.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Plan N is Guaranteed Issue with Mutual of Omaha companies in all states except CO, FL, IL, KS, KY, LA, ME, MO, MS, NH, PA, OR, SD, and WI.

In the states listed above the applicant will have to correctly answer the ESRD question.

Last edited:
So without the GI in my two states (KS and MO) the main advantage is the low premiums? I was hoping I could go back and write some of these folks stuck on a high rate plan with a few health problems.

Back