MooP on MAPD

cedwards

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Quick survey: How many guys selling MAPD's have actually had their clients hit their MooP in a year? I know some plans carry a $6,700 MooP and the client is on the hook for 20% of outpatient services normally so I would assume that if a client were to get cancer, they would hit that relatively quick but again that's just an assumption. Anyone care to give their 2 cents?

Just curious, why do you ask?

To be perfectly honest (and I'll probably get murdered on here for admitting it), I'm a marketer with zero field sales experience (Go ahead and let the bullets fly) and my primary focus has mainly been on Medsup with MA being a nice shot in the arm at the end of the year. I have recently, in the last two years, started taking MA more serious and wanted to know from guys out in the field if the previously mentioned scenario ever actually plays out. I've heard rumors/horror stories but never experienced it first hand.

Quick survey: How many guys selling MAPD's have actually had their clients hit their MooP in a year? I know some plans carry a $6,700 MooP and the client is on the hook for 20% of outpatient services normally so I would assume that if a client were to get cancer, they would hit that relatively quick but again that's just an assumption. Anyone care to give their 2 cents?

I've had one client that I know of who reached the MOOP. She had three extended hospital stays and also died in December of that year so there were some serious medical conditions.

Not very often. Reviewed a clients plan last AEP. He had some rare HBP condition. At that pt he had paid around $3500 OP on the medical side. Another $1500 to go on the MOOP. The plan around $300K. Crazy how well the plan did with his RX also that would of been 28k a month with out a plan.

To be perfectly honest (and I'll probably get murdered on here for admitting it), I'm a marketer with zero field sales experience (Go ahead and let the bullets fly) and my primary focus has mainly been on Medsup with MA being a nice shot in the arm at the end of the year.

There should be no bullets because you don't have experience. I know where you are coming from though. I'd rather have questions like that, than only from forum controllers.

Stats on MOOP mean nothing unless your number comes up and it is your year to hit the MOOP.

Agents that try to sell based on stats generally won't do well.

People buy first based on their current (and projected) need + budget but the final decision is emotion driven. They will buy based on their level of comfort, not matter what the stats are you throw out.

No one I know has hit their MOOP. Then again, the only way I know if some of them are still alive is that I'm still getting paid on them.

I would say that they would hit their MooP with a $6700 MAPD quicker than they would hit their MooP with Medicare.
:cool:

Back