More Pressure on CMS for the 2020 Plan Finder Fiasco

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Justice in Aging, Medicare Rights Center, Center for Medicare Advocacy and the National Council on Aging recently sent a joint letter to Seema Verma, Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), urging the agency to address concerns regarding changes to the Medicare Plan Finder (MPF) tool and the 2020 Medicare Communications and Marketing Guidance (MCMG).

The four organizations expressed appreciation for CMS’s efforts to update these resources to better support beneficiary decision-making, while raising concerns that the revisions may instead have the opposite effect. The groups urged CMS to mitigate adverse consequences by closely monitoring the roll out and functionality of the new MPF tool, providing enrollment relief as needed, and by rescinding the updated MCMG in its entirety.

https://blog.medicarerights.org/beneficiary-advocates-raise-alarms-concerning-roll-out-of-new-medicare-plan-finder-and-revision-of-medicare-marketing-rules/

The titanic saw the iceberg and still collided. Why? Because it was too big to steer clear or stop. I’m afraid that at this late date we are f@#ked. CMS has layer upon layer of bureaucracy. Nothing with them will happen within 25 days to save us.

Even more the reason Not to make major changes to start a Major enrollment period

Yes, but the real losers are the MB's.
. Absolutely!

Over the past several years, my brother and I keep asking ourselves, “Are we going to continue helping our clients with Part D?”
My office has 3 FT agents, 2 FT front office staff and a few temps.
We have just north of 1460 Part D clients. Of my offices total revenue, Part D is 4.6%, yet it eats up 17% of our office time.
I clearly don’t do Part D for the commission dollars.
My county has been MA free for 6 years. Now for 2020, Anthem will have a LPPO w/Rx for $25. It will be “all hands on deck” to write this new MA, and, protect my existing Medicare supplemental block.
My largest % of Part D clients(400+)have Humana Walmart and that group will light up my 3 phones during AEP because of the large premium jump.
By making it next to impossible, and, considerably more time intensive to help my clients, CMS will make my decision this year quite simple! In fact, CMS is probably doing me a favor.

National Council on Aging

Man, what a scam. Annual revenue of $59m, $49m of which is via government grants, so they can turn around and...use the money to lobby the government. Multiple execs there make $300K or more per year, per Charity Navigator.

Any chance there is someone out there developing a private version of Medicare.gov, or some kind of quoting tool for brokers?

I'd be willing to pay good money for something like that

Back