More than a half million Americans gain coverage under Biden

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
More than a half million Americans gain coverage under Biden

Among the states showing strong gains in enrollment are several big ones that went for Trump in last November's election, including Florida, Texas, and North Carolina. Florida recorded the biggest gain, with more than 146,000 sign-ups.

Republicans say expanding the health law is the wrong way to go, but they have been unable to coalesce around a health care vision of their own. That's left the political field to Biden, who is maneuvering with narrow Democratic margins in Congress to try to execute an ambitious health agenda, including a new “public option” plan as an alternative to private insurance, and granting Medicare the power to directly negotiate prescription drug prices.

The health insurance is politicized unfortunately. It is a human right (right to live, right for accessible and affordable care when needed) and should be treated as such. The providers industry adapted to this, but still greedy and really needs regulations.

The health insurance is politicized unfortunately. It is a human right (right to live, right for accessible and affordable care when needed) and should be treated as such. The providers industry adapted to this, but still greedy and really needs regulations.
How is healthcare a “human right”? I’m not picking on you. But even the availability of healthcare to a majority of the population is a relatively recent development in human history. So, when did it become a “right”?

To whom would you deny it? And on what basis? Did Jesus ever deny a plea for help?
To whom would you deny it?
I personally wouldn’t deny anybody. But my personal responsibility to be compassionate to others doesn’t have anything to do with whether the recipient has a “right” to it.

Did Jesus ever deny a plea for help?
No, but He has done a great deal for me that I can’t claim as a “right”. He gives freely by His grace (See Romans 6:23), not because anybody deserves it.

I don’t mean to get into a debate about the relative merits of government provided healthcare. It might even be a good thing, if they could ever come up with a viable way to do it. I just can’t find a basis for it being claimed as a “right”.

How is healthcare a “human right”? I’m not picking on you. But even the availability of healthcare to a majority of the population is a relatively recent development in human history. So, when did it become a “right”?
Even cavemen looked after their sick as a society. Animal herds often do as well.

Give me a break..

So............................... you're saying we should force doctors, nurses, and other healthcare workers to work for free?

Last I checked Jesus never sent an invoice.
The insurance industry is based on shared risk. not everyone will have an accident but those that do are subsidized with the premiums of others. Shared healthcare costs work on the same principle.

Back