Mortgage Insurance

Telling us there are hundreds does not help us research them it is like throwing someone in the library and telling them to find a toothpick it is very difficult.

This is not like that at all. You take DHK's list, pin it to the wall, throw a dart at it and whatever insurance company you hit will have a life insurance policy that will pay off a mortgage if the borrower dies.

[QUOTE
This is not like that at all. You take DHK's list, pin it to the wall, throw a dart at it and whatever insurance company you hit will have a life insurance policy that will pay off a mortgage if the borrower dies.
there are probably hundreds, maybe thousands, of life insurance companies that sell a level premium decreasing term policy where the death benefit decreases along with the balance of the loan.

Not the same thing at all.

There are very few if any DT plans left out there.

I also do not believe most level term plans are sold the same as MP SITerm plsns. Typically a big difference in price.

D H K. I have watched a couple of your videos and I definitely value your opinion. My question is I am looking for a company that does the MP which is life insurance but the company is not set up like an m l m or network marketing. I do not want to have to recruit people to get a pay raise. I want my volume to determine if my percentage of commission goes up.
So I am asking if you know any companies like that?

Also is Family First Life set up lime a networking company where you have to recruit?
I guess what I am saying is I just want to be a producer I do not want to be an agency manager.

D H K. I have watched a couple of your videos and I definitely value your opinion. My question is I am looking for a company that does the MP which is life insurance but the company is not set up like an m l m or network marketing. I do not want to have to recruit people to get a pay raise. I want my volume to determine if my percentage of commission goes up.
So I am asking if you know any companies like that?

Also is Family First Life set up like a networking company where you have to recruit? I guess what I am saying is I just want to be a producer I do not want to be an agency manager.

The private forum Facebook group may have more specifics. Here's one poster's comments on Family First Life:

IMO, FFL is the best IMO for MP sales. They offered me 90% contract with free leads and 100% once I started buying my own at a reasonable price. They drop mail for you and invest a huge amount in you based on good faith. They didn't ask me for one dime up front.

The support was great and you can make a lot of money. They do have high expectations of their agents. While there is no set volume requirement, they spend a lot of money on you and I'm sure they expect results.

Having said all that, I don't think this IMO is best for those just starting out. They assume you already know insurance and how to sell. If you can accept a crappy commission at another IMO for a couple months to get a basic track record, FFL will give you a 30% raise to sign you up. Hope this helps. And no, I don't currently work with FFL.

However, I can say that leaving FFL was one of my biggest mistakes.

The Regional Manager is still over all of Florida to my understanding. Also, they focus hard on running 3-4 hours away from home to appointments. There's a realistic promise of a 200-300k annual income with it, but I just don't want to drive that much. At this point, I only want to sell by phone. But they are a great company.

In my opinion, even IF Family First Life is "MLM"... if they start you out with a 90% contract, that practically SOLVES and ELIMINATES any objection *I* would have to being with them. The producer should be earning the lion's share of their production sales, not the upline.

Now, that being said, there are people ON this forum who do recruit, and NOT for an "MLM" outfit. @Todd King is thought of very highly. There's also @Rearden / David Duford's Final Expense Agent Mentor. Both of them can give you some training and direction.

If you just want contracts, there are plenty of organizations for those too. I often mention Partners Advantage and Postema Marketing Group to people who primarily just want selling contracts.

If you want to "go direct", there's Midland National, Columbus Life, American National, and Ohio National (which only gives me pause until they settle their self-imposed variable annuity advisor compensation issues). I'm sure there are more, but that's a decent enough of a list to start.

Now, I'm not recruiting, but American National does have "express underwriting" (no medical exam) up to $1 million within given age and health parameters. Policies can be issued within 3-5 days. You can contract direct with them and start out with an 80% contract and it rises to 100% after you submit $20k in business.

Independent Marketing Group of American National

Ok I am stuck in a conundrum. It seems as if all of the mortgage ins companies I have checked out come out looking like networking schemes or mom's.

Unless you are new and need training, why not go on your own. Buy lists of new mortgages (NOT new homes because people refinance and have capital to pay premiums), then hire a direct mail company to mail out literature with a reply card in it.

I did this for 30 years until I got tired of working nights and Saturdays.

Use a 4x6 size postcard with the top half giving your pitch and the bottom half for their name, address & phone #. That's your pitch and reply card. The opposite side of the card has your address.

Stuff the card in an envelope with a window to show their address and mail it out bulk mail. The print shop will know how to do all of this and the requirements from the post office (you'll need to get a reply card account from the post office).

Good luck.

Back