Mortgage Protection Career

Clivedon

I am retiring from mortgage origination after 30 years and am considering looking at mortgage protection as a new career in my "old age". Does anyone have any experience doing this and if so do you have any recommendations?
I am looking just at mortgage protection. A couple of years ago I looked briefly at FE but it was not something that appealed to me.

Thanks for any help,
Clivedon (Clive)

I am retiring from mortgage origination after 30 years and am considering looking at mortgage protection as a new career in my "old age". Does anyone have any experience doing this and if so do you have any recommendations?
I am looking just at mortgage protection. A couple of years ago I looked briefly at FE but it was not something that appealed to me.

Thanks for any help,
Clivedon (Clive)

Hi Clive,

Are you looking for an IMO/FMO to partner with (subsidize lead cost) or are you going to be selling entirely as an independent agent?

Mortgage Protection can be a great niche - the downside is the cost of leads (direct mail last time I looked into it was about $40 - $50 per lead). Depending on the area you are working, I think it can also be fairly saturated with the number of mail pieces these prospects receive ...

Hi Glen,
I am looking for an IMO especially starting out while learning the ins and outs of mp. I am going to be working in either MA or SC. Thanks for answering.
Clive

Gordon Marketing in IN has good MP training (weekly calls on Mon and Fri). Also, check out carylevinson.com out of FL. Lots of training every week and a MP lead program if you have some contracts with them. Leads are $18 each, you get a couple free ones with each order and you get your lead $ refunded for each one you sell. I'm working my way through my first batch now.

Gordon Marketing in IN has good MP training (weekly calls on Mon and Fri). Also, check out carylevinson.com out of FL. Lots of training every week and a MP lead program if you have some contracts with them. Leads are $18 each, you get a couple free ones with each order and you get your lead $ refunded for each one you sell. I'm working my way through my first batch now.

Just hope you don't Ever want a release from Gordon as they tend to be real aholes about it and love to play games while you struggle!

#hostagetakers #unethical #notkoolatall

I was going to move a couple of MP contracts over to GM but haven't yet. Based on this (and I've heard that before about their release policy, I'll put them with Cary Levinson, who I like.

GM has good MP training videos on YouTube.

I was going to move a couple of MP contracts over to GM but haven't yet. Based on this (and I've heard that before about their release policy, I'll put them with Cary Levinson, who I like.

GM has good MP training videos on YouTube.

Before you move to GM, give me a call first. I mentor about 30-40 agents a year and I am told that having me as a mentor is much better than a youtube video.... so i'm told.

Skipper

Back