Mortgage Protection Leads?

Are there any vendors that do mortgage protection leads?

Skipper on the forums here offers Mortgage Protection leads, last I heard you had to pay per 1000, he did not offer fixed price on those.

It's tough when lead cost can easily be $40+ per lead.

If you absolutely must work mortgage protection I would recommend doing your own mailings, there are other lead options out there as well though if your goal is to sell term life insurance.

I want to meet clients age 40-60...looking for life insurance, and would like to educate and sell them on LTC and retirement income planning.

Term life would be ok...but would like to offer UL, LTCi, and other retirement products.

Ideas on mailers, leads that aren't your cookie cutter leads that you see advertised?

----------

My interest in mortgage protection leads is because leads seem to be pretty straight forward...and clearly about life insurance.

I like this approach

I want to meet clients age 40-60...looking for life insurance, and would like to educate and sell them on LTC and retirement income planning.

Term life would be ok...but would like to offer UL, LTCi, and other retirement products.

Ideas on mailers, leads that aren't your cookie cutter leads that you see advertised?

----------

My interest in mortgage protection leads is because leads seem to be pretty straight forward...and clearly about life insurance.

I like this approach

In addition to Skipper you may want to reach out to Tahoe Ray as well

My recommendation is to never use a VENDOR. Their only interest is in selling a lead. They have no clue on how to do it right or use the right data.

I have been dialed into Mortgage Protection for 30 years and have yet to find a Vendor that can do a lead correctly.

Actually they are soooo bad they become a better source for buying aged leads. Most Vendors resell the leads after 6 months to a year after selling as exclusive leads..... What a crock of sh....t!

What you need is to understand the demographic and to know who are buyers. Those agents that think they are Selling $250k policies have never sold Mortgage Protection.

In the Midwest the average buyer is 55 years old buying 15-20 year term or if in poor health buying SIWL. Average Face amount is under $100k and are working class people in the lower middle class.

Now most vendors can put all those filters in and charge you $650/1000 using 3rd class mail and will not have current mortgage date that was recorded at the county yesterday, but are using data from the previous month. The Rule of thumb is that you need to be first in the door and that does not happen when competing against agencies like LEGACY or the other guy.

Also, an individual agent will never be able to buy current data at a low cost because they cannot purchase it in volume and will always pay 4-6x more than what we buy the data for. This will add to the cost and will most likely cost the agent on average $750+/1000 to mail using first class mail.

To learn more about this, I did a Podcast with JROOT from the forum that is more in depth on Mortgage Protection. Feel Free to listen to it at:
https://www.legacyagent.com/news/podcast

Last edited:
So do you find mortgage protection to be a good way to meet clients looking for just term? Or are they good for a host of other products like permanent, UL policies, LTCi, etc?

The term "Mortgage Protection" is just a gimmick. It's term insurance, plain and simple. Of course, the vendors who market mortgage protection leads will still want you to believe that it's a viable niche.

Also, outfits like NAA still call it that too. They claim they have thousands of people who are looking for this insurance and not enough agents to run the appointments.

:twitchy:

Regardless...I'm wanting to help more people looking for these products.
So far I've seen two main options...DM using generic mailer about government benefits or Internet leads.
Am I missing something?

Back