Mortgage Protection vs. Term

Not ashamed... but most people don't understand all that a life insurance agent can do for them. The perception is that you just sell policies, but not understand the problems you solve with your products. (The public's knowledge of how life insurance works... is dismal.) I won't allow someone else's perceptions on what they *think* I do and sell to impact how I can help them.

Brian-Tracy-Approach-each-customer.png

I've made more money lately helping people protect their Family and their Assets, than I have lately selling Insurance . . .

As long as you aren't misrepresenting yourself.

I talked to an agent back east - I think it was last year or so? - and he said he called on business owners and introduces himself as a "tax consultant". The problem is... are you able to give advice on their tax situation - filing and representing them to the IRS? Unless you are a registered tax preparer, CPA, or EA... you really can't say that ethically.

I talked to an agent back east - I think it was last year or so? - and he said he called on business owners and introduces himself as a "tax consultant". The problem is... are you able to give advice on their tax situation - filing and representing them to the IRS? Unless you are a registered tax preparer, CPA, or EA... you really can't say that ethically.

Just doing ROP Term, DI and some Accident plans. WL when necessary. I am learning about UL, specifically IUL and Sagicor's GUL.

Most of my targets are 25 to 55 and < $1million that need to cover that mortgage payment, vehicle payment, lifestyle, etc . . .

I learn these UL products - that should help.

Not really using a "title" - pretty much just saying that I have solutions to help them protect their Family, Assets and Liabilities . . . Tax Free Cash.

And just what did you do to help them protect their assests?

Simply provide them with the most ROP Term they could afford and need. This can be converted to Permanent later if desired.

Nothing fancy. Just providing a solution for them that will give them Tax Free Cash should they have to use the policy or take it to the end.

Simply provide them with the most ROP Term they could afford and need. This can be converted to Permanent later if desired.

Nothing fancy. Just providing a solution for them that will give them Tax Free Cash should they have to use the policy or take it to the end.
Oh.. You help them by selling them insurance for a commission? .... Was wondering how you were making the money since you stated "I've made more money lately helping people protect their Family and their Assets, than I have lately selling Insurance . . .":confused:

I would've phrased it differently.

"I've made more money lately [by positioning myself as] helping people protect their Family and their Assets, than I have lately [by positioning myself as] selling Insurance . . ."

People don't buy what life insurance is... but they do buy what life insurance does.

Last edited:
Oh.. You help them by selling them insurance for a commission? .... Was wondering how you were making the money since you stated "I've made more money lately helping people protect their Family and their Assets, than I have lately selling Insurance . . .":confused:

I believe everyone sells insurance to make a commission . . .

I just don't refer to it early on as "insurance". Nobody likes to "buy" insurance.

I would've phrased it differently.

"I've made more money lately [by positioning myself as] helping people protect their Family and their Assets, than I have lately [by positioning myself as] selling Insurance . . ."

People don't buy what life insurance is... but they do buy what life insurance does.

Exactly . . .

Back