Mortgage Protection

Well, I have to admit. Mortgage protection leads are a crappy way to sell life insurance. Especially when you are paying over $20.00 per lead. Although I've written a lot of policies over the last three months, they are coming back to haunt me. Three large policies declined over issues the applicants failed to disclose to me. Checks bouncing because of deadbeats. You know the story.
It's not that I hammered anyone or pushed simplified issue. These leads just suck. A lot of people just send for information simply because they keep getting pounded with flyers. Out of the last 20 leads I got and called....3 appointments, 2-sales, 5-uninsurable, 4-over 75 yrs old, I was at a home the other day where a dog came into the kitchen and took a dump and pissed on the floor right in front of me. The homeowner laughed and said "Well, its to cold for the dog to go outside. OMG.
I have decided to take the advice posted on this forum and telemarket my own leads. It's working out better already and the leads don't cost me anything but time.
I've also decided to get into health which John P. has offered his assistance in getting me started. I'm sure glad I joined in this forum a month or two ago. Thanks for all the advice!

Wow that is horrible

i cant say that that has ever happened to me -- dang dog...
i can say that is the way i started with NAA -- and you just live and learn
mortgage protection is not the way -- no way

like i have said before -- if it wouldnt of been for these boards -- and especially stibroker :) -- i wouldnt be where i am today
he may have some harsh things to say at times but -- hell take it like a man and get on with life

thanks Sti :)

If you want to drive all over your state and sell things people don't want then sell freezer plans and get paid well for it. At least all of your appointments will be set for no charge.

Out of the last 20 leads I got and called....3 appointments, 2-sales, 5-uninsurable, 4-over 75 yrs old

Congratulations on the two sales. If you keep that up on the health side you will do great.

I was at a home the other day where a dog came into the kitchen and took a dump and pissed on the floor right in front of me. The homeowner laughed and said "Well, its to cold for the dog to go outside.

Reminds me of the time I went to visit a prospective client and the guy's house looked as though it had been vacant for 10 years and squatters in the meantime decided to leave evidence of their departure. THE MOST DISGUSTING SMELL I HAVE HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF EXPERIENCING.

realistagent said:
I have decided to take the advice posted on this forum and telemarket my own leads. It's working out better already and the leads don't cost me anything but time.

You're telemarketing for life insurance, right? Are you searching mortgage records or how are you doing this?

Driving into new subdivisions, checking them out. recording addresses and some special features of homes. (verbally into recorder) getting ph #'s from polk directory.

When I call, I do not start out by mentioning Insurance.

I compliment them on some special feature of their Home (which I record along with address) Get Info such as How long they have been there. Who did their Landscaping, or brick work, what kind of dog was that..whatever. Just general conversation. I even might mention that I've considered moving into their neighborhood. Just getting them to talk. then, Oh by the way......................you know the rest.

I have to admit, I just thought of taking this approach, and started doing the recording bit that includes features of the homes after pondering thinking outside the box after reading the 1st 4 chapters online of High Probability Selling.

I'm thinking of writing a script for this approach but I think it will need to be more of a general outline because general conversation is the primary goal.

The calls are more fun and I get to know a little about everyone I talk to.

Who doesn't like complimented on and talking about their new home.

It looks like this is going to work well

Just set up 2 appts. this morning from 17 calls. same neighborhood. 10 min. from my house.

I ordered the book....

Has anyone else tried this approach?

If anyone calls me that I don't know and starts out by being chit-chatty, my radar goes up. You either want to rip me off or want to be my friend under false pretense. You're gone.

I must be different than those you are calling, but that's my reaction.

Also, this does not get you around the no-call list, and is a quick way to trouble if you're not using it...

Back