Mortgage Term and DI rider

saieddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone heard of this? I've got a client that wants a combo mortgage term policy with a mortgage disability rider. I can write 2 separate policies, but wanted to know if anyones heard of a good policy that combines the two.

I have never seen one worth having. The DI riders are mostly window dressing. I don't see any of them really having a chance of paying off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can use one paramed for both policies as long as it is done within a certain time frame like 30 or 60 days.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking too. Thought I'd see if I could get something where she wouldn't have to go through underwriting twice.

Mutual of Omaha has DI rider on their "Term Complete" product which is fully underwritten, if you want to go that route. I agree that the DI riders are lousy but am just responding to what you asked.

Winter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can use one paramed for both policies as long as it is done within a certain time frame like 30 or 60 days.

This is true. You can have one paramed done at the same time for both policies as long as each companies paperwork is done.

Back