Most Effective, Most Efficient and Most Creative Ways To Generate Commercial Insurance Leads

ESal0211

I have been working in insurance for 5 years selling personal lines and life insurance, but recently switched to a new company where I will be selling commercial insurance. In addition to cold-calling and joining networking groups, I was trying to find advice on methods to generate a high volume of high quality commercial insurance leads. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated because I want to hit the ground running at my new job.

1. What have you found to be the most effective way to generate commercial insurance leads?

2. What have you found to be the most efficient way to close commercial insurance?

3. What are the most creative ways that have worked for you?

Over the years, I improved at selling life insurance if any one is in the reverse situation I'm in and had experience in the commercial insurance world then switched to life insurance sales. I could provide my tips to you on selling life insurance if you have some good ideas for selling commercial insurance.

A couple of years ago I learned how to properly ask for referrals. Better clients, higher close rate, etc. I'm not talking about saying something like "Um, do ya know anyone that might want insurance too?" What I mean is really learn how to ask for referrals. I went through Polestar. They taught me a lot, but boy was it expensive. Worth every penny, though. I have heard good things about Sandy Schussel too.

Since I learned how to ask for referrals, I haven't had to canvass or cold call again.

The more avenues you work the better. In the short term activity like cold-calling will have the most immediate impact on getting a volume of accounts to look at. When it comes to cold calling get yourself some sort of b2b resource - there are free options like infofree that get you what you need, a platform for searching via location, industry, size, etc. and paid ones like mine, which is going to give you some insurance specific data like the x-date and carrier of record. Hammer the phones while you develop networking connections and a book of business to generate referrals from and before you know it you won't have time to cold call anymore..maybe.

Every deal is different depending on the variables. The more volume you have the better, especially starting out, to get an understanding of all the nuances involved with selling commercial insurance. Read some sales books like The Wedge in the mean time. Best of luck!!

Latest posts

Back