Most Forgiving for Mental Issues?

Jun 29, 2016

1. Justin Bilyj

Justin Bilyj Guru

State:
    Ohio
    The condition is Schizotypal Personality Disorder, is this gonna be an FE plan? Meds are various, young guy. I know this isnt the whole picture but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this type of disorder.

2. pfg1

pfg1 Guru

State:
    Virginia
    I haven't had that particular, but a few years back I had a couple carriers tell me 2yrs off meds for consideration on a bi-polar prospect. I think that was it, could have been 1 yr. Prospect said, you don't want me to go off my meds... LOL

pfg1, Jun 30, 2016
  3. GingerNinja

GingerNinja Super Genius

Is the prospect younger than 50?

4. UW Guy

UW Guy Super Genius

Schizophrenia is even harder to work with than bipolar for a lot of carriers. They need to walk a VERY straight line to even get to anyvsort of offer

UW Guy, Jun 30, 2016
  5. NewbieNewbie

NewbieNewbie Super Genius

State:
    Alabama
    I do not know what carrier told you that. I would presume bipolar with two years off meds would be a real quick decline with most for noncompliance. You do not undo bipolar.

6. inreverse

inreverse Guru

State:
    Minnesota
    This is a personality disorder with some schizo behaviors, personality disorders are different from major mental illness

7. pfg1

pfg1 Guru

State:
    Virginia
    A couple of well known carriers. Note I said *to be considered, not that it would be approved.
    And it wasnt that the client took himself off the meds for 2yrs, it was doctor took him off and he was still off two yrs later doing ok.

pfg1, Jun 30, 2016
  8. ccbaxter

ccbaxter Expert

I saw the thread title and assumed it was someone looking for a new IMO. Oh, well.

ccbaxter, Jun 30, 2016
  9. walthamny

walthamny Guru

State:
    Massachusetts
    I would call and ask. It is not like Schizophrenia, it should be easier to get approval on this. It all depends on the APS, underwriters mood and so on. MS and HIV positive are much more severe than this disease and they can now get underwritten by some carriers.

10. NewbieNewbie

NewbieNewbie Super Genius

State:
    Alabama
    Gotcha missed that. It still seems odd unles a misdiagnosis which are a !itch.