Most Forgiving for Mental Issues?

I haven't had that particular, but a few years back I had a couple carriers tell me 2yrs off meds for consideration on a bi-polar prospect. I think that was it, could have been 1 yr. Prospect said, you don't want me to go off my meds... LOL

Schizophrenia is even harder to work with than bipolar for a lot of carriers. They need to walk a VERY straight line to even get to anyvsort of offer

I haven't had that particular, but a few years back I had a couple carriers tell me 2yrs off meds for consideration on a bi-polar prospect. I think that was it, could have been 1 yr. Prospect said, you don't want me to go off my meds... LOL

I do not know what carrier told you that. I would presume bipolar with two years off meds would be a real quick decline with most for noncompliance. You do not undo bipolar.

This is a personality disorder with some schizo behaviors, personality disorders are different from major mental illness

I do not know what carrier told you that. I would presume bipolar with two years off meds would be a real quick decline with most for noncompliance. You do not undo bipolar.

A couple of well known carriers. Note I said *to be considered, not that it would be approved.
And it wasnt that the client took himself off the meds for 2yrs, it was doctor took him off and he was still off two yrs later doing ok.

I would call and ask. It is not like Schizophrenia, it should be easier to get approval on this. It all depends on the APS, underwriters mood and so on. MS and HIV positive are much more severe than this disease and they can now get underwritten by some carriers.

A couple of well known carriers. Note I said *to be considered, not that it would be approved.
And it wasnt that the client took himself off the meds for 2yrs, it was doctor took him off and he was still off two yrs later doing ok.

Gotcha missed that. It still seems odd unles a misdiagnosis which are a !itch.

Back