Most Recommend Crm from the Medicare Gurus?

Don't use one, never have. Over 1000 clients, file cabinets and folders. Keep notes and copies of letters, apps, etc in each folder. This works just as well as CRM. Besides, the CRM is only as good as the notes you put in it. Folders work the exact same way. Go through the folders once a year to to review.

Don't use one, never have. Over 1000 clients, file cabinets and folders. Keep notes and copies of letters, apps, etc in each folder. This works just as well as CRM. Besides, the CRM is only as good as the notes you put in it. Folders work the exact same way. Go through the folders once a year to to review.

Just one of the biggest problems about this is if you are selling a product that has rate increases, like Med Supps. If you sell for multiple companies and one of them has a big rate increase, it's real easy to pull all of your clients with that company using a CRM.

It is hard to pull a file and help a client if you are away from the office, the web based is available from anywhere at anytime.

I can't imagine working solely this way. I have file folders for all of my clients. But I also have a CRM. I can run many different reports with a couple of clicks of the mouse. While on the phone with a client I can access their information with the click of a mouse. No need to get up and go to the file cabinet, pull the file out, come back to the desk, look in the folder for specific information, makes notes and take the file back to the filing cabinet.

If it works for you, great. But to say it works just as well as a CRM tells me you don't know all the functionality of a good CRM. For example, how do you see birth dates for each client? Policy renewal dates? Clients turning a specific age (like 65)? Clients with a specific carrier? Clients with a specific product type (i.e. - Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage, Life Insurance, etc)? The list goes on and on.

To each his own.

I'm looking for something simple that doesn't rely on emails. I work Medicare Advantage, Sups, final expense and some hospital indemnity. Need something that makes it easy to send things by mail as half my clients don't use a PC. Something to send birthday wishes, holiday and maybe a quarterly news letter and to remind them it's time for a review. Been using excel but know there has to be something better and more automated as I am just a one man agency.

Thanks!

Don't listen to anybody telling you to do without a CRM or to use a spreadsheet. Sure you can make due with relying on your paper notes and a spreadsheet but why? I had Salesforce but have moved to Zoho and am much happier with it and it's cheaper. Zoho even has a free version you can use but it does have some limitations.

I'm looking for something simple that doesn't rely on emails. I work Medicare Advantage, Sups, final expense and some hospital indemnity. Need something that makes it easy to send things by mail as half my clients don't use a PC. Something to send birthday wishes, holiday and maybe a quarterly news letter and to remind them it's time for a review. Been using excel but know there has to be something better and more automated as I am just a one man agency.

Thanks!

I use letter stream when I'm out of the office (i.e. on vacation) and I need to send a letter to someone. It's pretty awesome and low-cost.

Otherwise - for letters I just use my printers but for referrals, etc., I use sendoutcards.

I don't know of a CRM that sends snail mail...

Also, being a "one man agency" is much more manageable if you ditch excel and get a CRM. Think of the CRM as the 2nd man of your now 2-man agency.

IMHO the first question in choosing a CRM is, "what is the most critical function (highest value-add) AND what system is best for that function.Then ask, "what else do I really need and can the one above accomplish it reasonably well. Then you weigh.

As my Health practice is young, driving sales is job number one. And as-of-yet, there is no internet "magic" to sales I've seen -- so the requirement is making calls. (Some claim great results from texts -- I've done okay with them).

Velocify/Vanillasoft
Currently leaning toward Vanillasoft. Was on a similar product called Velocify this year, and hear Vanillasoft is more modern in marketing automation. Velocify seems to be going "up-market" -- working heavily on the SalesForce integration as a top priority.

Either of these is tops for high-volume calling. The premium version is approx $120/mo and about 10K thousand aged leads will get my new system primed. $1440 + 3,500 ought drive at least 2-3 contracts per week.

A great thing about this approach -- it can be done from anywhere with a phone connection (e.g. surfing in Costa Rica! :) Downside -- the Customer Service functions won't be great - but that isn't my driving factor now. Can move to a true Insurance CRM for active clients when needed.

----------------

Radius
Looks to be well designed to be insurance specific. fresh design & flexible radiusbob

Integrates with tons of lead providers -- Importing Leads from Lead Vendors / Import Leads / Knowledge Base - Radiusbob Support

Workflows can be customized without technical support: How To Video: Build Automated Workflows / Video Tutorials / Knowledge Base - Radiusbob Support

That said, it just doesn't really build for prospecting. If I were to go this route it would be with the idea that I want to be able to buy exclusive leads -- and custom design workflows to follow-up with people automatically (as this system does well).

------------------------
Other notes:

NIMBLE for social messaging -- referrals from increasing fun conversations with contacts
ALIGNABLE.com or REFER.com may be worth a test as an online version of BNI.

Hope that helps! --Jak

Back