Motivation, Some Thoughts

G

Someone said to Zig Ziglar “motivation doesn’t last” Zig said in response, “neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.”

So why aren't we motivated?

I heard Earl Schoaff speak and he said (paraphrased) that what most people do is this: first thing in the morning they get the paper or watch the news and feed all the negativity going on in the world directly into their mind. And often share that negativity with others.

I don’t read the paper or watch the news but that must be pretty depressing and discouraging. By the way, discourage is an antonym for motivate. Coincidence? Highly unlikely, I would think.

We’re born thinking there are no limits to what we can accomplish, at least until we impose limits upon ourselves (or we start to believe it when others tell us. what we CAN”T do).

So we all need motivation, but what is motivation? It’s simply inspiration, or something that encourages you.

Many people read the bible for daily inspiration, it’s pretty empowering too. It may even be a glance at your newborn baby, or a sunrise, there’s some inspiration to be found in those situations isn’t there? How about if you wanted a new car, or a new home? Can you see how that would be more motivating than focusing on your bills or problems?

Have you ever been driving and you look towards the left and then realize you’re drifting/driving to the left instead of heading straight? So it’s safe to say that if you look towards your goals and desires, instead of the bills or problems, you’ll naturally gravitate towards them right?

That’s the direction that you want to go!

If you feel you need more consistent outside motivation, you can try reading daily quotes. There are many places you can sign up to get them delivered right into your email inbox, every single day. Try www.justsell.com and while you’re there, check out the other motivational resources they have.

Really, all that you need is already available to you. You merely have to tap into it.

You see, you’re responsible for your success, and therefore you’re responsible for your own motivation. And you have no excuses. If you want motivation you’ll find it, if you want discouragement and complacency, you’ll find that as well, in fact, you may already be drowning in it, but you don’t have to be.

The choice is yours.

:1smile:

Rob, worse than watching the news or reading the newspaper is when after a night out on the town you look over at the bow wow you picked up at the bar last night! OMG, how did I end up with this broad?:1arghh:

Back