Movies and Music for the Troops

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I have been putting together care packages for one of my sons. It occurred to me that many of us have DVDs and Music CDs laying around that we no longer use. If anyone wants to donate to the cause I will forward them.

There are several thousand male and female Sailors and Marines from every walk of life, probably 18 to 40 that could sure use some diversion on their down time. I will let my boy know that they are to be passed out and shared.

Oh, not above R rating on the movies please. The military has changed.

Thank you,

Lee

Last edited:
What a nice gesture, wino.

I'll be happy to contribute! PM your address.

Please let your son know that we are thankful for his service.

What a nice gesture, wino.

I'll be happy to contribute! PM your address.

Please let your son know that we are thankful for his service.

Sent.

I am sure they will appreciate your generosity.

I know you will be paying a couple bucks for shipping so I will a donation to Wounded Warriors.

Lee

Wino... great idea and I'm sure you're very proud of your son. PM me your address and I'll send some, too!

Sent. Thanks.

We did this for one of my other boys during his great desert vacation and it was a big hit. While a lot of these kids have laptops and some game consoles they run out of variety. They mostly need diversion from thinking of home.

I truly appreciate the help.

Lee

Package went out this AM- some of my favorite bands, some comedy and some patriotic music!

Thanks for doing this!

Package went out this AM- some of my favorite bands, some comedy and some patriotic music!

Thanks for doing this!

They will appreciate it. Thank you.

I am just a Pop supporting my boy and his buddies. I am throwing in some of my stuff from old school metal, some honky tonk, Stevie Ray Vaughn and old school oldies. I am not sending them the Bocelli.:twitchy:

Lee

I have a close friend who went over back in 2004-2005. He wanted the Atlanta Journal and Constitution newspaper. I got a subscription and saved each days paper and sent it all over every two weeks.

Fast forward to four weeks ago. He was scheduled to go over to Afghanistan in November. Four weeks ago his wife found out she has stage 3 ovarian cancer. Before the day was over his commander contacted him and told him someone volunteered to take his spot and he wouldn't need to go over. He's a CW5 so I don't know exactly what he'd be doing in Afghanistan. When in Iraq he flew a Blackhawk. Anyway, talking about laying down your life for a brother.

I have a close friend who went over back in 2004-2005. He wanted the Atlanta Journal and Constitution newspaper. I got a subscription and saved each days paper and sent it all over every two weeks.

Fast forward to four weeks ago. He was scheduled to go over to Afghanistan in November. Four weeks ago his wife found out she has stage 3 ovarian cancer. Before the day was over his commander contacted him and told him someone volunteered to take his spot and he wouldn't need to go over. He's a CW5 so I don't know exactly what he'd be doing in Afghanistan. When in Iraq he flew a Blackhawk. Anyway, talking about laying down your life for a brother.

I am sure he would rather be in some shite hole FOB than seeing his wife battling cancer.

I am sure his command put the word out. I would put odds he would have done the same. My experience is that most Mustangs are pretty stand up Os

I hope his wife kicks that cancer's ass.

Lee

I am sure he would rather be in some shite hole FOB than seeing his wife battling cancer.

I am sure his command put the word out. I would put odds he would have done the same. My experience is that most Mustangs are pretty stand up Os

I hope his wife kicks that cancer's ass.

Lee

You are right, we all would much rather him take his chances in Afghanistan than deal with this cancer. But they are fighters and the prognosis is hopeful. She starts chemo in two weeks.

And yes, he likely would have done the same. He has sacrificed many times for those in his command. Even during the recent furloughs he has taken days off so that those in his command wouldn't lose income (he works for homeland defense and is in the reserves). Most military folks are quality individuals. Especially those who have been in a while.

Back