So here's the issue.

I live in Tampa and have made a pretty good life here. However do to family concerns we are thinking about moving closer to home (Pittsburgh).

My wife and I have reached some compromises. So I'm wondering if anyone knows of any jobs for a call center trainer, supervisor, QA/QC person, etc. Or working in a bank as an Agent.

I've over 20 years of experience in that field and have about 5 years experience working in insurance. I'm currently licensed in over 30 states. Most of that experience has been with final expense and Medicare (Supplement and MAPD) sales.

Yes, I've considered working from home as an independent agent and have some experiences with that but I find I work best with some sort of structure.

LBL owns a small home service (debit) company in Philadelphia. I know that's a little ways from Pittsburgh, but they might have an established book of business closer to you. Not as much structure as a call center, but on the career side of the company there would be structure in servicing the book, and accountability and help from a sales manager for production, etc.

Continental Insurance Company - Insure with Confidence

If they don't have anything near you, United Insurance (another home service company under Kemper) has an office in Pittsburgh:

Kemper Home Service Companies

Last edited:
So here's the issue.

I live in Tampa and have made a pretty good life here. However do to family concerns we are thinking about moving closer to home (Pittsburgh).

My wife and I have reached some compromises. So I'm wondering if anyone knows of any jobs for a call center trainer, supervisor, QA/QC person, etc. Or working in a bank as an Agent.

I've over 20 years of experience in that field and have about 5 years experience working in insurance. I'm currently licensed in over 30 states. Most of that experience has been with final expense and Medicare (Supplement and MAPD) sales.

Yes, I've considered working from home as an independent agent and have some experiences with that but I find I work best with some sort of structure.
Not sure you need to worry about getting a job when you move... Anybody that would trade Tampa weather for Pittsburgh weather is committable! :yes:

Not sure you need to worry about getting a job when you move... Anybody that would trade Tampa weather for Pittsburgh weather is committable! :yes:
I was in training with MetLife in July of 1990 at their Tampa facility. I had just moved to Virginia after spending 15 years in Phoenix. Up to that point I would have sworn there's no place hotter than Phoenix in July. Wrong! Tampa's definitely hotter.

But I would still take Tampa summers over Pittsburgh winters!

We are constantly hiring. For the right person, we will do a W2 work from home position plugging into our systems, getting as many leads as you can work effectively. Term and FE. Otherwise, we always support those independent agents in need of leads, a system and most importantly stability. PM me to chat if interested.

Long story short....family. My wife's mother is not in the best shape mentally and my step daughter is a moron (28 years old and can't hold a job). My Mom and Dad are getting up their in age (75 and 85) and I'm worried about them too.

I lived in the Charlotte area for over 10 years as a younger man and am thinking the Carolina's might be a good place for us (1/2 the distance to Pgh if we need to go).

Hey, you asked

Long story short....family. My wife's mother is not in the best shape mentally and my step daughter is a moron (28 years old and can't hold a job). My Mom and Dad are getting up their in age (75 and 85) and I'm worried about them too.

I lived in the Charlotte area for over 10 years as a younger man and am thinking the Carolina's might be a good place for us (1/2 the distance to Pgh if we need to go).

Hey, you asked
Didn't ask.. stated "just the facts, ma'am"... :) Charlotte is a nice area.... Weather about the same as here (Southeast Tennessee).. We get 4 seasons and an occasional snow.. but overall, it is nothing like PA winters.

Latest posts

Back