MS Surface Pro 4 Stylus/Pen

timeflies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So I got a great buy on the MS Surface Pro 4 at Best Buy at a pre Black Friday sale. So far I am loving it. The deal was on the computer/tablet and keyboard. I bought the stylus separately, for $40.00. I have not used it yet. Is there value in using the /stylus/pen, or is it just a "toy"? They say it interacts well with One Note, but I have not used that much either.

So I got a great buy on the MS Surface Pro 4 at Best Buy at a pre Black Friday sale. So far I am loving it. The deal was on the computer/tablet and keyboard. I bought the stylus separately, for $40.00. I have not used it yet. Is there value in using the /stylus/pen, or is it just a "toy"? They say it interacts well with One Note, but I have not used that much either.

I use it to draw out concepts/charts etc. when doing screenshares. It works great and certainly worth trying out (in One Note) to see if you like it.

I use mine more when I am mobile than when when docked at my desk. In some apps it is faster and more convenient than the keyboard. Side note: my Pro stylus sits in a very inconvenient place. It occupies the same connection as the power cord and the dock power connector. Also popped off in my case easily. My solution was to buy a self stick pen loop. Now it rides very securely on top of the the Surface.

Which insurance programs are you with using this piece of technology?

The stylus works really well, however I don't find myself using it very often.

I missed that sale - looks like i'm stuck with my surface pro 3 for now :mad:

I just purchased the Surface Book stylus included. I also purchased the urban armor gear, has a holder for your stylus on top. Currently use it for Humana MAPA, UHC Lean Enrollments. Also, between the touch screen and the stylus seems to be a little easier for this carpal tunnel or whatever it is that AEP has brought on. Also, love the detachable tablet option. Enter info, detach, slide over for sig or presentation. UAG makes reattaching tablet a bit more difficult but getting used to that.

Last edited:
Back