Msa Ma Plans?

Who's offering MSA MA's for 2008, other than Anthem (Wellcare / Unicare / BCBS)?
I wrote about 12-15 of the MSA plans in California in 2007 with BC. Virtually every person is having problems understanding how to use it and their doctors think it is a network product.

I'm looking to move all of them effective January.

The concept is great but there are far too many issues, especially with providers. In fact, to get through to customer service you need to plan on spending half the day on hold.

Again, great idea. Doesn't work in reality.

Rick

Information I got was they were being expanded in 2008. My question is: aren't they geared for the low-income market? Somewhere just above Medicaid?

I wrote about 12-15 of the MSA plans in California in 2007 with BC. Virtually every person is having problems understanding how to use it and their doctors think it is a network product.

I'm looking to move all of them effective January.

The concept is great but there are far too many issues, especially with providers. In fact, to get through to customer service you need to plan on spending half the day on hold.

Again, great idea. Doesn't work in reality.

Rick

Rick, when you say problems with them, is this all across the board with all of the companies listed above?

Also, do you think these problems were in your area due to 'lack of education and or branding' or all across the states?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. What do you think of Unicare's MSA Product and PFFS?

Rick, when you say problems with them, is this all across the board with all of the companies listed above?

Also, do you think these problems were in your area due to 'lack of education and or branding' or all across the states?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. What do you think of Unicare's MSA Product and PFFS?
The only product in California is from Blue Cross. I would say education is the issue. Neither the members nor the providers understood how this plan works.

Customer service is so overwhelmed that it is pointless to even try to call.

Again, I think the concept is great - just as the concept of PFFS is great. Execution is another thing.

Rick

Rick, thanks for answering.

Can you also please speak about Unicare if possible and how they are in other states if you happen to know? Same issues all across the board?

Rick, thanks for answering.

Can you also please speak about Unicare if possible and how they are in other states if you happen to know? Same issues all across the board?
I've only sold in California but I can't imagine that the problems I've been having here are unique to this state.

Rick

Back