MSpowermail T65 Mailer

Discussion in 'Direct Mail Marketing Forum' started by holdenc85, Aug 31, 2017.

1. holdenc85

holdenc85 Expert

Has anyone had any recent experience with their T65 mailers?? I'm in South Florida and want to try either them or Lead Connection. Kramer and Target are not currently available in my area.

Thanks in Advance!

2. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I used MSPM years ago and found them very dishonest. They let my mail sit until they could afford to send it and used a piece I designed as their own. Stay away from them at all costs.

I only use Lead Connection as Chris is honest. When you order 1,000 pieces that's what he mails.

Rick

3. FLM2

FLM2 Guru

I did one T65 mailing in South Florida a few years ago with Lead Connection and had less than 1% response, YMMV

4. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    That brings up another point. Everyone with a license and certainly all the insurance companies are mailing to T-65. I find it almost worthless to bother.

There are better options and they don't involve the mail, nor T65.

Rick

5. FLM2

FLM2 Guru

I've been told (and read on this forum) that unless you mail a minimum of 6 months before their birthday T65s are a waste of time-you have to commit to a steady stream of mail way in advance and it's difficult to find mail houses that will have enough available in the right geographic area as well.

6. Todd King

Todd King Guru

State:
    Virginia
    That would be South Florida for you. Are you using a company that gets better than 1% now? If so, who?

7. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I mail all over FL T65 and get great %. You just can't mail out 3 months ahead anymore.

66+ market was horrible for me and I would never recommend it

8. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I'm way too impatient. Much prefer my telemarketer calling people over age 66.

That's just another great advantage of this business. There are many ways to make a good living.

Rick

9. FLM2

FLM2 Guru

I've been running strictly on referrals for the past few years but trying to find an approach that works-Chazm has a good system but, as he says, he mails all over Florida and I'm not interested in that kind of effort, it's tough work and I'm past the age of working full time.

I'm trying telemarketing right now (I hired someone) but Florida isn't a good Medicare Supplement replacement state since almost everyone has either UHC/AARP or Florida Blue and they have the lowest rates. It's really T65 or nothing, IMO. I'm licensed in some other states and am focusing on those for the TM for Med Supps but it's a short term trial project (100 hours), if it doesn't pay off I will stop right there.

I've had some success mailing my own postcard to T65s with just a call back number (1 sale per 500 cards @ 47 cents per card) and may start that again as well.

If I was 20 years younger I would look at this differently but all I really need to do now is keep my book of business intact to support my life style and that isn't an issue just working off referrals. I just get a burst of energy a couple of times a year and want to see if there is anything else that might work so try them out.

10. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I'm jealous. I crashed and burned. Wasted about 6 months trying to do it and gave up.

----------

Should of said, I've mailed all over Fl. I pretty much have at one point or another.
    Right now I just hit Jax and st Augustine and send out about 2k cards a month. Now that I finally have a good TM I want to up it to 3k after AEP. Gonna be a good year I feel!