Multiple DUIs

Fisher

Guru
1000 Post Club
GA
32 year old male smoker in MO. Had 3 DUIs over 5 years ago. Currently has a Missouri 'hardship' license (limited driving privileges but it's a valid license.) I thought Fidelity would take him but nope.

Looking for 100k 30 year term but at this point I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas?

32 year old male smoker in MO. Had 3 DUIs over 5 years ago. Currently has a Missouri 'hardship' license (limited driving privileges but it's a valid license.) I thought Fidelity would take him but nope.

Looking for 100k 30 year term but at this point I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas?

If you don't mind writing a fraternal, Western Catholic Union only asks:
'In the past 5 years had a driver's license suspended, revoked, received a moving traffic violation or been convicted of Driving Under the Influence?'

They are on the high side in premium for term, but they are small enough where you could talk with the underwriters and talk down table rating if need be.

I certainly don't mind writing a fraternal, Tins. I'll look them up tomorrow.

Thanks brother.

Eh, no love with WCU. 3rd DUI is the dealbreaker.

Any other ideas, folks?

Wish you luck. I just had a guy in perfect health given standard with a carrier who cites his joining AA 13 years ago, but whose app only asks for ten years history. I think that's a bit much.

So my bet is even if these are past 5 years, they will hold them against him. But good luck. Let us know if you found anything.

Hey man,

I had luck with these with West Coast life. Who isnow Protective. I wo uld have a alcohol and drug questionire filled out and a a good picture of current life style before calling underwriting. Church, AA chip, lovingsupporti ve wife etc.

Lee

I have a client who is a 49 year old male, recovering alcoholic. (6 months sober)-non-smoker, clean driving record, single. Has been turned down by Ohio National. I think they needed to see a several year sobriety. I will try these two sources and let you know what I find out.

I have a client who is a 49 year old male, recovering alcoholic. (6 months sober)-non-smoker, clean driving record, single. Has been turned down by Ohio National. I think they needed to see a several year sobriety. I will try these two sources and let you know what I find out.

Where does the alcoholism show up? Treatment? How much face amount? Do not just send in the app, call and go over the alcohol and drug questionnaire. This may be a good place to look at simplified issue term. Probably not a something I would have sent to ONL.

When I submitted the application to ONL I was not aware the insured had checked himself into a treatment center in the last year. I found out when the RN started asking more questions on site. I do have a completed alcohol questionnaire now. Tried going through a national Broker but they had no market they said. The insured is looking for Life Insurance more as an investment tool and for tax purposes via estate planning. His net worth is approx 4 million.

Back