Multiple Websites, Will It Work?

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
Would having multiple websites with key words in the web address be beneficial? As an example:

1. orlandofloridainsurance.com
2. browardcountyinsurance.com
3. cocoabeachinsurance.com

and so on and so on..

Here's a video I did a year ago that talks a bit about this.

In my video, I address having multiple domain names point to one website. If you want to create different websites for each domain name (and I mean truly different), this doesn't apply. But are you better off splitting your focus across three websites than applying everything to one site?

I'd recommend considering something like this instead:

keyword-rich-domain.com/orlando_florida_insurance/
keyword-rich-domain.com/broward_county_insurance/

Etc.

This will allow you to increase the overall authority of your entire site and each additional page will benefit, instead of starting from scratch for each one.

By the way, I did more videos on insurance domain names here:

Video 99: Recap – Insurance Website Domain Names | Methodology

Hope this helps!

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
I've more often seen agents use a wordpress site (or similar) and target the areas with blog posts.

Joeagency.com is the domain and each blog post in the site targets the market........

Florida Medicare Supplements
Orlando Medicare Plans
Miami Medicare Advantage
Tampa Health Insurance Plans

Last edited:
Here's a video I did a year ago that talks a bit about this.

Insurance Agents: Using Insurance Keywords in Your Domain - YouTube

In my video, I address having multiple domain names point to one website. If you want to create different websites for each domain name (and I mean truly different), this doesn't apply. But are you better off splitting your focus across three websites than applying everything to one site?

I'd recommend considering something like this instead:

keyword-rich-domain.com/orlando_florida_insurance/
keyword-rich-domain.com/broward_county_insurance/

Etc.

This will allow you to increase the overall authority of your entire site and each additional page will benefit, instead of starting from scratch for each one.

By the way, I did more videos on insurance domain names here:

Video 99: Recap – Insurance Website Domain Names | Methodology

Hope this helps!

Aaron

I am not referring to pointing them at 1 site, sorry about that. I am more interested in using keywords in the web address.

VaDwayne said:
Would having multiple websites with key words in the web address be beneficial? As an example:

1. orlandofloridainsurance.com
2. browardcountyinsurance.com
3. cocoabeachinsurance.com

and so on and so on..

Are you moving to Florida?

I think its really a question of where are you going to spend your marketing time, but the domain name overall only counts for 11%.

This is a chart I found at seomoz that goes into that a bit deeper

seomoz.png

I think its really a question of where are you going to spend your marketing time, but the domain name overall only counts for 11%.

This is a chart I found at seomoz that goes into that a bit deeper

While the chart is great. Could you explain what all of the different terms on that chart are?

Hope this helps, if you have any questions just let me know and i will try to help

Page level link metrics
: link metrics to the individual ranking page (such as # of links, mozRank, etc).

Domain level authority: link metrics about the root domain hosting the page (e.g. for the page Create Tests for Organizational Training and Certification Programs – Test.com, these features are for links pointing to *.test.com, not just page A).

Page level keyword usage: use of the keyword term/phrase in particular parts of the HTML code on the page (title element, H1s, alt attributes, etc).

Domain level keyword usage
: how keywords are used in the root or subdomain name, and how impactful that might be on search engine rankings

Page level social metrics
: third-party metrics from social media sources (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for the ranking page

Domain level brand metrics
: elements of the root domain that indicate qualities of branding + brand metrics.

Page level keyword agnostic features: non-keyword-usage, non-link metrics features of individual pages (such as length of the page, load speed, etc).

Page level traffic/query data: user + usage data about the ranking page (based on the assumption that Google + Bing, through their toolbars, browsers and mobile devices, have access to a large swath of web traffic for analysis).

Domain level keyword agnostic features
: features relate to the entire root domain, but don't directly describe link or keyword-based elements. Instead, they relate to things like the length of the domain name in characters, the quantity of error pages on the site, the relative uniqueness of content on the site, etc.

Back