Multiple writing numbers?

Mr. Bill

Guru
1000 Post Club
Are insurance companies becoming more flexible (could it be true?)

I've heard Aviva will allow multiple numbers. Is this becoming more of the norm? Thanks

Yes, many carriers do offer dual appointments (but not all). There can be some restrictions with commissions and/or product s for agents that have dual numbers. It is best to check with your IMO for complete details regarding dual appointments for particular carriers.
Anna
Brokers Alliance
800-290-7226 x112

Thanks, Anna.

Who decides whether or not an agent can have multiple numbers? Is it the insurance company, or is it the IMO?

(And how would I know whether I'm being lied to or not?)

It is a carrier policy. If you have doubt call the carrier.
Anna
ext 112

I have not herd of a carrier that did not allow multiple appointments for Life business. LTC on the other hand is more restrictive.

Dual contracting is about 50/50. Just for starters the following carriers do NOT offer dual contracting:

Allianz
Assurity
Chesapeake
Forethought
United Home
Old Mutual
Fidelity Life

A recuriting General Agency wants you to write business with them so if they tell you can't have a dual contract with a carrier they are recuriting you too - safe to say that is
correct.

Anna
X112

Any GA that won't allow a dual writing number is scared...for a reason. That should be enough to say no to them!

Very helpful naming the companies. Not too worried about that Allianz alliance, it's a throwaway contract.

My concern is with annuities. I am using different marketing plans from FMO's. That's why I need multiple numbers so I can be loyal to the FMO whose marketing plan produced the sale.

I guess since the carriers aren't concerned and the FMO's are just out for themselves, maybe I am too moral and shouldn't be concerned. I'm at the bottom of the ladder.

My concern is with annuities. I am using different marketing plans from FMO's. That's why I need multiple numbers so I can be loyal to the FMO whose marketing plan produced the sale.

I guess since the carriers aren't concerned and the FMO's are just out for themselves, maybe I am too moral and shouldn't be concerned. I'm at the bottom of the ladder.

100% in agreement. I'm really just shocked at how some FMOs act. The Annuity Store, which I've mentioned before, hounded me til I signed up with them. Then they gave me the "100 Free Leads" which were just a list of apartment dwellers in a zip code. Never heard from them again. Why do they even bother?

The ones I really like are the ones with great marketing programs. I do usually wait a while before implementing, though, because I have also found that many times whatever "agreement" they had in place with the "guru" of the month ends up in the toilet, and then no one takes responsibilty. Notice how many IMOs were on the Ed Slott bandwagon in Vegas the last couple of days? At least 3 that I saw ads for. Ed is making moolah hand over fist!

Back