MUST Change My Medigap Policy at Age 65???

soyjer

I'm under 65 with an Issue-Age priced Medigap policy plan F that states that it is Guaranteed Renewable and cannot be terminated as long as I pay the premiums, and yet the insurance company rep says that it expires on my 65th birthday and therefore I MUST change to a new policy when I turn 65.

I've found many references online and in Medicare's literature to my guaranteed-issue right to change policies at age 65, but no reference to my being REQUIRED to do so.

Is there a Medicare law somewhere that addresses this REQUIREMENT to change policies at age 65?

If so, why doesn't my policy state that it expires on my 65th birthday?

Jerry

I'm under 65 with an Issue-Age priced Medigap policy plan F that states that it is Guaranteed Renewable and cannot be terminated as long as I pay the premiums, and yet the insurance company rep says that it expires on my 65th birthday and therefore I MUST change to a new policy when I turn 65.

I've found many references online and in Medicare's literature to my guaranteed-issue right to change policies at age 65, but no reference to my being REQUIRED to do so.

Is there a Medicare law somewhere that addresses this REQUIREMENT to change policies at age 65?

If so, why doesn't my policy state that it expires on my 65th birthday?

Jerry
It would be in your best interest to change policies when you are 65. The premium will be much lower.

Back