Mutual O... GI Question. Group to Supp

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
OK... Mutual of Omaha published some information not long ago that they'd take anyone leaving group coverage. There is also a "Right/Protection" stating under certain conditions they are GI for certain plans.

Here's the issue:

Client wants to leave his retirement group coverage and go into traditional medicare/supplement coverage.

He applies with AARP for a plan F for 12/1/2008 date. He then finds me and I offer him a plan F with United of Omaha for a lower premium. I submit the application to MO with the inclusion of information about "both" insurances. Now MO says he ineligible due to applying with AARP first... like he only has one chance. During all of this he as never cancelled his group coverage and when I check with Medicare they still show him as covered under the Rural Electric Coop.

What else can I say to MO to get it through their heads?

OK... Mutual of Omaha published some information not long ago that they'd take anyone leaving group coverage. There is also a "Right/Protection" stating under certain conditions they are GI for certain plans.

Here's the issue:

Client wants to leave his retirement group coverage and go into traditional medicare/supplement coverage.

He applies with AARP for a plan F for 12/1/2008 date. He then finds me and I offer him a plan F with United of Omaha for a lower premium. I submit the application to MO with the inclusion of information about "both" insurances. Now MO says he ineligible due to applying with AARP first... like he only has one chance. During all of this he as never cancelled his group coverage and when I check with Medicare they still show him as covered under the Rural Electric Coop.

What else can I say to MO to get it through their heads?

Can he not qualify with the underwriting questions? Even after the AARP is in effect?

I recently wrote a lady in a similar situation...Medicare/group to Medicare/M of O med-supp. I didn't have the other(AARP), company dilemma.

Did you talk to the underwriter or fax him the explanation?

They are swamped right now, which is both good and bad.

Well... being a know it all pays off. After several phone calls and emails they "considered" it since he was within 63 days of cancelling his group coverage... LIKE I SAID.

Why does it seem we know more than the flunkies you talk to at the companies and medicare now days?

Back