Mutual of Omaha Financial Advisor Opportunity Should I Take It?

isthisforme

Hello everyone,

I have an opportunity to become a financial advisor with Mutual of Omaha

It would be 100% commission, this is something that worries me because I have no experience and don't know how much is commission.
How much do I get paid? How often? Can I get some examples?

Also Office Space would be an expense to me: phone internet cubicle at $135 this also includes training?

How much can I potentially make, realistically with no experience?

Thanks in advance.

I was a career agent with Mutual of Omaha. Here's a description of what I had found. Their resources are INCREDIBLE!

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...tual-omaha-career-agent-resources-t41669.html

That being said... NONE of it matters, if you cannot or will not:
- prospect
- set appointments
- conduct those appointments to gather facts
- present solutions and ask for the check
- and get introductions to others you can help.

Do not assume that the company will have leads for you.

Here's a little tip though: You can buy some leads of "uninsurable" people and sell them a guaranteed issue life insurance policy from Mutual of Omaha. This program is only available for career agents, so this might get you off to a decent start... as long as you can get them the coverage AND leverage that contact into introductions to those whom you SPECIALIZE.

Where to find those leads, I don't know, but I'm sure you can ask in the Leads sub-forum here.

You need to develop a profile that you will specialize in. For example: homeowners, married, with children, incomes between $50k - $150k, ages 25-40. Or, you may work with retired individuals on medicare supplements, annuities and long term care. That profile would probably be ages 65-75.

As far as how much you can make... my manager made it a point to talk about the 'maximum bonuses' available. But that's only if you're producing at a decent level. You could earn NOTHING... or you could 'knock it out of the park'.

Commission levels at this point in your investigation aren't what's important. What matters is how often you can get someone to buy something from you. Once you master that skill, THEN you can count your commissions.

You may ask why I left Mutual of Omaha. The manager's ego was the size of a football field... without the producing agents to back it up. In other words: "Big hat, no cattle"... so his ego and mannerisms were so abrasive to me that I couldn't stand being there.

I was a former agent as well with MoO, they have a decent line up of products but it was difficult finding clients to sell to. Atleast in my office I wasn't charged any office fees and they provided a couple leads now and then. Overall it was an uphill battle for me since I was new to the industry and didn't have solid prospecting skills.

Hello everyone,

I have an opportunity to become a financial advisor with Mutual of Omaha

It would be 100% commission, this is something that worries me because I have no experience and don't know how much is commission.
How much do I get paid? How often? Can I get some examples?

Also Office Space would be an expense to me: phone internet cubicle at $135 this also includes training?

How much can I potentially make, realistically with no experience?

Thanks in advance.

100% commission is the norm for many/most companies. It starts to go downhill with office fees, which is only a problem when combined with a low payout.
100% commission, office fees, low payout...that better be an amazing business platform with amazing 1 on 1 training. Which it may very well be, but maybe not.

MOO is a great opportunity for several reasons...

1) not captive
2) great training
3) great bonuses and commission
4) company puts in $$$ for retirement based on production
5) my office is $35 a month includes use of fax, color copier, phones..etc
6) i still sell other products with other companies
7) leads and orphan list
8) marketing credits based on production
9) fulltime secretary that is a huge help
10) We have people in this local office from brand new, 20 years, 25 years all the way to 50 years of service.
11) tons of free marketing

I have been doing this 20 years in April. I had a contract through an IMO for years but changed to career agent(not captive) because of so many pluses..

Back