Mutual of Omaha Rate Increase Hits 10%

Can't say Bevo. In GA it is half or nothing. I am pretty sure they pay $0 on U65. Might pay half on GI .......... or $0

Scott (sman) used to get 3 or 4 UHC referrals from me each year but I believe he asked me to stop sending them. He will probably see this thread and comment.

Don't know about NY but I understand they dominate the FL and CA market.

Coincidence that thats the #1 & 2 retiree markets? I believe Az is #3, I wonder how their prices are there?

New Era discontinued New Era in some states and replaced with New Era Midwest. They did that in GA and didn't see any disruption.

Same for TN, replacing Phil Am with New Era Midwest.

Their overall business practice, new and renewal, is consistent with good block management. Not saying they are perfect, but as a former reinsurance agent/underwriter, I like what I see.

I have somewhat reluctantly taken on Equitable and more recently Bankers Fidelity, mostly as a defensive measure. I don't like all my business with one carrier. So far the Equitable pick up has worked well. Too early to see if BFLIC will follow.

Three carriers is all I really need.

You really can't compare UHC to any other carrier. They are so dominant nationally, but especially in certain states, they are the 800 pound gorilla that can do whatever they damnwell please.

I used to, and still do, from time to time send the U65 Medicare SSDI and GI biz to UHC. Let them soak up the bad business. The more the better.

Other than name recognition, they are not a factor in GA. No reason to use them for anything. That is different in other states.

I am very cautious about the Aetna group. Consider them almost in the same group as MOO. Not so much for other carriers like Medico, Cigna, etc that have multiple issuing carriers.

My block, such as it is, has done well with New Era for years and more recently Equitable. If BFLIC matches Equitable long run that is about all I need.

Maalox is blocked but I did see the BS he posted via Scott's quote. In my earlier post I included actual links to the MOO increases. I guess they lied about that too.

I am looking at BFLIC. They seem to be stable (though I think they have 2 different names?) and are pretty competitive in TN and GA.

Jeff, in GA they use BFA (Assurance) for plan F, and BFI for G & N. Haven't looked to see which carrier for the other plans.

About a year ago, maybe a bit longer, they rolled out BFA in Georgia about the same time they switched from unisex rates to M/F. They have a sweet e-app and approval process is quick. Just started writing with them so haven't seen a commission check yet.

I have some old CSG reports from 2015. Their rates were good then.

Never pulled the trigger on them because they were a "me too" carrier. Now I see some merit and places where they are a good fit for some folks,

It's been a while since I wrote a GI case with UHC, but I'm pretty sure they pay full commission on 65+ GI here in Georgia. On U65 Med Supp they pay nothing. With that said, their commissions are much lower than other carriers on average.

Thanks Sman. I've been scouring the comp sheets and yes, definitely lower but I know we can crush it on volume in states like FL. NY actually pays decent so we'll see how that goes. Full comp on GI is a dream.

Thanks Sman. I've been scouring the comp sheets and yes, definitely lower but I know we can crush it on volume in states like FL. NY actually pays decent so we'll see how that goes. Full comp on GI is a dream.

Curious, and maybe haven't looked or asked the right questions, and please pm if necessary... but I have always been under the impression that I couldn't sale the UHC supplement over the phone, only face 2 face.

Curious, and maybe haven't looked or asked the right questions, and please pm if necessary... but I have always been under the impression that I couldn't sale the UHC supplement over the phone, only face 2 face.
I fill out the paper app with them over the phone, then fax or snail mail it to them for the signatures.

Back