Mutual of Omaha Rate Increases

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Has anyone else noticed the 9 - 9.5% rate increases MOO is handing out on in force Modernized plans? Seems like almost every week I get a new notice of another round of increases for MOO, United and OIC (depending on the state).

Looks like they are still raping existing clients with high rate increases in order to keep new business rates low (at least until you become a legacy policyholder).

That's going to make renewals interesting for those who bought the low rates last year.

Has anyone else noticed the 9 - 9.5% rate increases MOO is handing out on in force Modernized plans? Seems like almost every week I get a new notice of another round of increases for MOO, United and OIC (depending on the state).

Looks like they are still raping existing clients with high rate increases in order to keep new business rates low (at least until you become a legacy policyholder).

That's going to make renewals interesting for those who bought the low rates last year.

Isn't that why we don't represent MOFO Bob?:yes:

what State are you seeing that? I'm not seeing that in MI

Last edited:
Check the blog for rate adjustments. LA, TX, OH,KS, SD, AK, CA, MD

Coming soon to a state near you.

Can anyone comment on this happening in Texas, yet? We've reduced our Om_aha Med Supp exposure to fewer than a dozen clients, but have not seen where any of their rates have increased that much, yet.

happening in Texas

Have you checked the MOO blog?

June increases for in force Modernized UOO Select, June increase for OIC in force Modernized.

Switching a lot of folks over to AETNA.

Aetna Health and Life or "big" Aetna?

What did Continental life do in your state before Aetna?

When I look at the Market Analysis at using CSG in my neck of the woods (Colorado) MOO has one of the lowest rate increase history of any of the companies that do business here.

Does anyone know what the average rate increase is for Med Supp Plans?

Back