Mutual of Omaha Rate Increases

I sell some HDF but mostly Plan F and in the Tampa area a non-tobacco female is $179 mo.That beats out UHC, Aetna's new rate, Humana's new rate.

Ah! I did forget they just re-priced in FL. They are actually competitive there. History says it won't last though. Torchmark likes to screw with everything so much they will find a way to out themselves.

Ah! I did forget they just re-priced in FL. They are actually competitive there. History says it won't last though. Torchmark likes to screw with everything so much they will find a way to out themselves.
Yeah.... I remember when United American was a great company.... pre Torchmark. :sad:

Never ceases to amaze me how this somaro clown always has better answers than highly educated, highly compensated actuaries and experienced insurance executives personnel at A and A+ rated carriers. My gosh if those hundred-million-dollar companies only had his expertise.

Never ceases to amaze me how this somaro clown always has better answers than highly educated, highly compensated actuaries and experienced insurance executives personnel at A and A+ rated carriers. My gosh if those hundred-million-dollar companies only had his expertise.

Because these actuaries and executives are always right? Like the time MoO offered their Plan N on a GI basis. Many of us here said it would be a disaster. Turns out we were right.

Somarco has plenty of experience in the industry and has added value to the forum with his knowledge, so forgive us if we don't share your view.

Have seen many times that experienced insurance executives and highly paid actuaries have come with ideas that did not work out.. Many times the experienced field agent can spot a fly in the ointment those HO people don't see. Somarco has added tons of value to the forum and helped many, many people.. What value have you brought to the forum? Especially with this slam at him? :skeptical:

So tell me Einstein...did you ever find out what AARP's A.M. Best rating is? We've been waiting a long time for your answer.

Bob's very knowledgeable. If you want to see a clown...look in the mirror. :yes:

Very simple.

Actuaries have to make certain assumptions on which to base their models. What happens when those assumptions turn out to be completely wrong?

You are missing an important point.

Yes, actuaries are highly educated and highly compensated. (They should be. They are $100K in the hole with student loan debt at 23!)

What they do not understand and will not ever understand is the industry. They only see the numbers. People like Somarco who are 40 years in and have seen it all, get the long term ramifications of *** actuary decisions.

Some of us sit in carrier meetings and start laughing at the product offerings and rates. Because we are on the front line and we know what happens next.

Here's an idea: maybe the actuaries could step out of their offices and get some advice on what the long term ramifications will be in the market once in a while?

Back