Mutual of Omaha Rate Increases

Is Aetna playing the shell game with Aetna Life and Health, ACI, and CLI ?

Sure looks that way.

And don't forget (big) Aetna that was in GA before CLI which preceded AHL. I believe (big) Aetna is still available in GA. Albeit a lot higher for (big) Aetna

Tom, in GA we have had Genworth, Aetna, CLI and AHL all since 2010.

Sure looks that way.

And don't forget (big) Aetna that was in GA before CLI which preceded AHL. I believe (big) Aetna is still available in GA. Albeit a lot higher for (big) Aetna

Tom, in GA we have had Genworth, Aetna, CLI and AHL all since 2010.

Wow, Bob I was just starting to ask you if the Aetna that preceded CLI was before Aetna bought CLI from Genworth. Haha the 2nd part of your post popped up after I hit the quote button...Freaky. :laugh:

That is a lot of a lot of companies...I can see why you feel that way.

We've been through more owners of CLI/ACI(3) than we have Med Supp brands since I picked them up.

Not a lot of one company/one brand Med Supps with competitive rates and at least 3 to 5 years in the state. When you do that about 3-4 come to mind in off the top of my head in GA and and about to same in TN.

Not a lot of one company/one brand Med Supps with competitive rates and at least 3 to 5 years in the state. When you do that about 3-4 come to mind in off the top of my head in GA and and about to same in TN.

Besides MOFO and Aetna:

Cigna has ARLIC. I think I saw where Loyal American and Continental General are still being offered in some states...not sure about Central Reserve Life.

Bankers Fidelity Assurance and Bankers Fidelity Life.

Oxford uses Christian Fidelity in some states and I guess they could revive National States.

American Republic and American Republic Corp has their career side. Medico and Medico Corp on the Independent side.

Physicians Mutual and Physicians Life, and back to Physicians Mutual

Family life and Manhattan Life.

GTL, then UNL and now GTL's starting to appear again.

CSI and CSI Life.

New Era Life and New Era Life of the Midwest. they can do it with Philadelphia American if they haven't already.

Standard Life & Accident and American National Life Ins. Co. of Texas.

Bankers Life & Casualty and Colonial Penn.

Heartland National and Heartland National Senior Savers Association.

United American and Globe Life. I'm not sure if Globe's only sold through the mail, but they could always use it again.

I'm sure there are others that I've forgotten, but the point is that there's a lot of this going around. MOFO's just the biggest offender.:yes:

Hard to know exactly which company offers historic low to moderate rate increases, isn't playing the shell game. Makes UHC/AARP a reasonable plan in TN.

----------

I wasn't aware New Era played the shell game. I thought only offered one company in each state.

Equitable have other companies?

I'm not sure I'm fully understanding.

Are you saying that a 70 year old who bought UOO when he was 66 is paying a different amount than a 70 year old who buys his UOO policy this year (assuming underwritten and everything else is equal)?

Or is that just if they quit selling a particular company - like Stonebridge, for example - and bring out the new policies under another company - e.g., Trans.

I'm not sure I'm fully understanding. Are you saying that a 70 year old who bought UOO when he was 66 is paying a different amount than a 70 year old who buys his UOO policy this year (assuming underwritten and everything else is equal)? Or is that just if they quit selling a particular company - like Stonebridge, for example - and bring out the new policies under another company - e.g., Trans.

Close UOO to new business, and start a new company, close it, then come out with another with low rates. The other 2 companies are closed books, everyone on the plan is aging. Rates going up and up and if they have a health issue they are stuck.

Hard to know exactly which company offers historic low to moderate rate increases, isn't playing the shell game. Makes UHC/AARP a reasonable plan in TN.

----------

I wasn't aware New Era played the shell game. I thought only offered one company in each state.

Equitable have other companies?

No, Equitable doesn't have any other companies, but they're TPA's for Heartland, IAC, LCBA and Greek Catholic(I think that's all of them).

Back