Mutual of Omaha/United of Omaha Slow Processing Apps

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
Good news, I've noticed that it's taking Mutual of Omaha/United of Omaha alot longer to get policies issued. I'm sure it's due to their new Plan N. I just received two emails today (Sunday, mothers day) wanting me to fix something on the app and resend. That's telling me their bringing in people to work the weekends to get caught up! Just like the AEP days

Good news, I've noticed that it's taking Mutual of Omaha/United of Omaha alot longer to get policies issued. I'm sure it's due to their new Plan N. I just received two emails today (Sunday, mothers day) wanting me to fix something on the app and resend. That's telling me their bringing in people to work the weekends to get caught up! Just like the AEP days

maybe they are running slow because they are having to send emails to get agents to fix errors on the apps they submit... just joshing man:D
when you're bigtime and submit bigtime business, it's hard to catch everything.

When I first started offering the Plan N's to my clients, United of Omana and other's the emails I received from the home office all said guaranteed issue, no health questions at all. I didn't ask the smoker/nonsmoker question on some of the apps...that's what they wanted to know about. Moo won't ask height and weight, they wont's ask health questions...but they do ask smoker - non smoker, in MI anyways...they should have clarified that but I never received anything on it so I left it blank.....just like the other questions.

anyways...just trying to pass on the good news, they are working weekends, mothers day to boot

In MO and KS you have to give the ht/wt information, but it is not used to rate up.

Most companies and CMS don't consider tobacco use to be a health question therefore it can be asked even on open enrollment if the company chooses. That is why you see it seperated from the health questions on most applications.

They've been screwing tons of things up too. Fun like AEP again. I've had to call them 4 times in the last 2 weeks over 5 policies.

I thought because they were working the weekends that they would get caught up. They are very, very far behind. I sent in 2 open enrollment turning 65 apps 3 weeks ago and they're just sitting their pending, along with alot of GI Plan N's.

They didn't answer their phones yesterday either (monday).

they increased Plan F on 65-66 by $40/mo....this is a renewal rate. clients are irritated.

Back