My biggest day in the field

I don't usually post on here, and there are a lot of experts that post often who are great at what they do, but I wanted to share about my day in the field yesterday for any new agents who may be struggling to put it all together.

I started the day off yesterday getting beat up. 1st appointment wouldn't let me in the house, 2nd appointment was a dud. By the third appointment I got in front of some folks who had Lincoln Heritage (LH) and wanted to add on. Due to Lincoln Heritage's underwriting they definitely wouldn't qualify for a new policy and the price was exorbitantly expensive. I was able to find them each level policies and increase their coverage for less money than they were paying on 4 year old policies.

So by about 2pm in the afternoon I was only at about $600 AP for the day. I was a little discouraged because I had 10 appointments scheduled and if I only made $600 that would have pretty much just paid my lead bill for the week. Also I had to reschedule some appointments because I had spent a lot of time in the previous house. I was super discouraged but just decided to put my head down and grind and see what happens.

The next appointment I get in and it turns out they have 10 I repeat 10 American Income Life (AIL) policies some new, some old. To make a really long story short, these policies were super expensive and graded coverage so I was able to almost double their coverage for $100 less per month. They went went from super skeptical and abrasive to what you would have thought was my best friend by the end of the appointment.

Again, this appointment took a good long while so I had to reschedule another appointment.

My next appointment I honestly couldn't believe it. They had 14 policies and were paying over $520 per month! Lincoln Heritage, American Income Life, Colonial Penn, they had it all. I reviewed everything and determined they were paying way too much money for their permanent stuff and some of their other stuff was expiring. All in all, I was able to save them about $100 per month and get them more coverage using reduced paid up value options.

My day's totals were 6 applications for $8,950 AP.

This was a day that I wanted to give up and go take care of a lot of things on the home front but just kept grinding. This business always seems to work that way. Just one more house. I know that many newer agents just watching this post would see someone that has multiple policies and think "no they're good they don't need my help." But the crux of it is, the more FE policies that someone buys, it seems that they need MORE help a lot of times. There are a lot of situations out there that we can help make better if we have the right mindset/skill set.

I want to encourage y'all that your best days can seemingly rise from the ashes out of unknown or dreary situations. You can have bad days in this business, but if you keep grinding and don't give up it is really hard to not have success long term.

I know a lot of the experts on here can chime in on similar experiences. Hope y'all have a great day!

I don't usually post on here, and there are a lot of experts that post often who are great at what they do, but I wanted to share about my day in the field yesterday for any new agents who may be struggling to put it all together.

I started the day off yesterday getting beat up. 1st appointment wouldn't let me in the house, 2nd appointment was a dud. By the third appointment I got in front of some folks who had Lincoln Heritage (LH) and wanted to add on. Due to Lincoln Heritage's underwriting they definitely wouldn't qualify for a new policy and the price was exorbitantly expensive. I was able to find them each level policies and increase their coverage for less money than they were paying on 4 year old policies.

So by about 2pm in the afternoon I was only at about $600 AP for the day. I was a little discouraged because I had 10 appointments scheduled and if I only made $600 that would have pretty much just paid my lead bill for the week. Also I had to reschedule some appointments because I had spent a lot of time in the previous house. I was super discouraged but just decided to put my head down and grind and see what happens.

The next appointment I get in and it turns out they have 10 I repeat 10 American Income Life (AIL) policies some new, some old. To make a really long story short, these policies were super expensive and graded coverage so I was able to almost double their coverage for $100 less per month. They went went from super skeptical and abrasive to what you would have thought was my best friend by the end of the appointment.

Again, this appointment took a good long while so I had to reschedule another appointment.

My next appointment I honestly couldn't believe it. They had 14 policies and were paying over $520 per month! Lincoln Heritage, American Income Life, Colonial Penn, they had it all. I reviewed everything and determined they were paying way too much money for their permanent stuff and some of their other stuff was expiring. All in all, I was able to save them about $100 per month and get them more coverage using reduced paid up value options.

This was a day that I wanted to give up and go take care of a lot of things on the home front but just kept grinding. This business always seems to work that way. Just one more house. I know that many newer agents just watching this post would see someone that has multiple policies and think "no they're good they don't need my help." But the crux of it is, the more FE policies that someone buys, it seems that they need MORE help a lot of times. There are a lot of situations out there that we can help make better if we have the right mindset/skill set.

I want to encourage y'all that your best days can seemingly rise from the ashes out of unknown or dreary situations. You can have bad days in this business, but if you keep grinding and don't give up it is really hard to not have success long term.

I know a lot of the experts on here can chime in on similar experiences. Hope y'all have a great day!

Nice month, in a day!
Hell, nice renewals.

Awesome post! Way to stick it out and not give up!

I was able to find them each level policies and increase their coverage for less money than they were paying on 4 year old policies.

I had a day like that the week before last. No showed, then a timy little $17 month policy - the day sure started out "dudley." But it finished late and real strong when I started finding American Income Life policies behind every door. I took a somewhat different slant than you. I could have gotten them the same or more coverage for less, but instead I just went ahead and got them a lot more coverage for the same or slightly more than they were already paying. Once those dollars are budgeted for life insurance, they ought to stay in life insurance, imho.

Congrats on a great day ... or as Wino put it: Congrats! You had a great month yesterday!

Back