My Experience with Hometown Quotes

Bob, is ToutApp a new venture for you?

Somarco,
I WISH I had $$ invested in them! They just took $15 Million in funding on top of the $5 million they already had. Nothing like what they offer on the market. The analytics are so good, you'd like it. You can try it out for free for 2 weeks. Call me if you'd like more info. Cell # hasn't changed:)

Hometown is still my #1 but if you check out my LinkedIn page you'll see I've got another hat to wear too. Thus why I'm on top of best practices on working lead, software that works, etc.

Thanks for asking.

Bob

I just wanted to update this thread:

Mr. Klee reached out to me yesterday and we talked for quite some time. He seemed extremely knowledgeable and was extremely professional. He handled my issues timely and even gave me some legitimate tips to increase our sales productivity.

The new regional director for my territory contacted me today and he was more than helpful in resolving the issues I had with the account.

In my opinion, they handled this situation quite well and definitely left a positive impression with me. Thank you guys!!

----------

To answer some of the other people who posted in this thread.
Volagent,

I have one person I communicate with from QW and he credits everything I send at him. I usually send him an email containing all of the bogus leads at the end of each month and he credits them no questions asked so my expectations are definitely not out of line with reality. However, I am very diligent about working the leads and I leave very detailed notes on the account.

Lgilmore
I am using a total of three internet lead vendors currently. UE, QW, and HTQ. I just started using HTQ and I couldn't get a response from the regional direct for weeks regarding my account hence why I made this thread. So far, the response I received from HTQ more than exceeded my expectations.

Norwayguy
I have a very deep IT and programming background. It is nothing to write code that generates a good portion of the information that is sent in those leads. In fact, the only two pieces of information I even look at in the leads are the phone # and the email accounts. Everything else I gather directly from the lead. How many leads have you contacted and someone starts to explain to you they clicked on this link or that link but never intentionally meant to get a quote? Or how about leads that expected to recieve the quote directly after putting in their information, not wait on somebody to call them? I take it you have never worked internet leads before. If you guys truly do not mind spending 10-15 dollars per lead for someone to tell you that then I am definitely in the wrong business.

Last edited:
Bob, I did look at your LinkedIn profile. Believe we discussed this last year some time. Very intriguing concept.

I will look at ToutApp in more detail later. Didn't Hunter want to get into something like this when he left HTQ? It has been so long I don't recall

Bob, I did look at your LinkedIn profile. Believe we discussed this last year some time. Very intriguing concept.

I will look at ToutApp in more detail later. Didn't Hunter want to get into something like this when he left HTQ? It has been so long I don't recall

Yes, we did talk along those lines at one time, but not the HNW space. He's working for Precise Leads now as their Senior Vice President of National Sales.

Bob

I have no experience with HQ, but have been considering using them for LTCI leads. And if they have them possibly business benefits.

But the fact that the owner of the firm is on here fielding questions and even is brave enough to show his face both here and on his website. Well, that speaks volumes and is something you will not find from very many lead vendors!

I have no experience with HQ, but have been considering using them for LTCI leads. And if they have them possibly business benefits.

But the fact that the owner of the firm is on here fielding questions and even is brave enough to show his face both here and on his website. Well, that speaks volumes and is something you will not find from very many lead vendors!

Thank you Scagnt83.
I wish I could help you out but we don't offer Long Term Care leads...nor business leads:(

If I knew of a good source for either, I would refer you to them, but I honestly have no idea.

All the best do you & thank you for your kind words.

Bob

I just wanted to update this thread:

Mr. Klee reached out to me yesterday and we talked for quite some time. He seemed extremely knowledgeable and was extremely professional. He handled my issues timely and even gave me some legitimate tips to increase our sales productivity.

The new regional director for my territory contacted me today and he was more than helpful in resolving the issues I had with the account.

In my opinion, they handled this situation quite well and definitely left a positive impression with me. Thank you guys!!

----------

To answer some of the other people who posted in this thread.
Volagent,

I have one person I communicate with from QW and he credits everything I send at him. I usually send him an email containing all of the bogus leads at the end of each month and he credits them no questions asked so my expectations are definitely not out of line with reality. However, I am very diligent about working the leads and I leave very detailed notes on the account.

Lgilmore
I am using a total of three internet lead vendors currently. UE, QW, and HTQ. I just started using HTQ and I couldn't get a response from the regional direct for weeks regarding my account hence why I made this thread. So far, the response I received from HTQ more than exceeded my expectations.

Norwayguy
I have a very deep IT and programming background. It is nothing to write code that generates a good portion of the information that is sent in those leads. In fact, the only two pieces of information I even look at in the leads are the phone # and the email accounts. Everything else I gather directly from the lead. How many leads have you contacted and someone starts to explain to you they clicked on this link or that link but never intentionally meant to get a quote? Or how about leads that expected to recieve the quote directly after putting in their information, not wait on somebody to call them? I take it you have never worked internet leads before. If you guys truly do not mind spending 10-15 dollars per lead for someone to tell you that then I am definitely in the wrong business.

So are you saying because the lead wanted an immediate quote that should be a refund for you? I do not sell P&C I do life and annuities and have worked Internet leads and have complained loudly about incentive zed leads and auto leads that affiliates throw on a field for death benefit and call that a life lead.
I also know what happens with Joe Consumer fills out the form expecting an immediate quote they keep searching, but that does not mean the lead wasn't a lead.

Thank you Scagnt83.
I wish I could help you out but we don't offer Long Term Care leads...nor business leads:(

If I knew of a good source for either, I would refer you to them, but I honestly have no idea.

All the best do you & thank you for your kind words.

Bob

I thought you guys had LTC leads... so what type of leads do you offer Bob?

I thought you guys had LTC leads... so what type of leads do you offer Bob?

Auto/Home/Renters are our strong suit. We do some life/Medsupp, but like I've posted before...you'll have to wade through more bad leads to find the nuggets than you will with A/H/R...but hey, at least the commission is better:) We don't cap returns, but you will have more than I wish they'd be.

Really? I will have to check them out again. I was looking to try out HTQ & I'm glad the co. owner was honest enough to answer,

We rarely give credit just because someone does not answer their phone. ,

however If I pay for a lead & request a credit due to the lead being bogus, I would expect that I, [ The Licensed professional that takes the time to provide real , detailed information along with a financial commitment via a credit card #] would be believed, before some stranger who is a non paying customer that went on line & completed a quote request in order to get game credits or thought the quote would pop up on their screen a moment later.

A good question is, If they were interested in getting a quote, then why aren't they answering the phone?

Is it because 8+ agents just bought the lead & now have to & will harass the poor soul?

How about if just one agent called & if the person completing the quote new well before hand that one agent will be calling to review their request?

I don't think Ray Kroc would be happy w/ what McDonald's has morphed into after all these years. & I think the original idea of matching up quality folks looking for a quote w/ an agent has also morphed into some sloppy form of a burger.

Back