My Experience with Hometown Quotes

Zappman,
"Originally Posted by Bob Klee View Post
We rarely give credit just because someone does not answer their phone. ,"
....Zappman.....
however If I pay for a lead & request a credit due to the lead being bogus, I would expect that I, [ The Licensed professional that takes the time to provide real , detailed information along with a financial commitment via a credit card #] would be believed, before some stranger who is a non paying customer that went on line & completed a quote request in order to get game credits or thought the quote would pop up on their screen a moment later.

A good question is, If they were interested in getting a quote, then why aren't they answering the phone?"
+++++++++++++

They are not answering the phone because they don't want to interact that way until they know who you are. Do you immediately start sending a drip email to them?
1] Thank you Zappman, we have your information & are working up your quote. We will email it to you within 12 hours. If you'd like to know asap, please call me at: 615.800.7280 and talk to one of my team members. Click here for info about my company.

2] send the quote & suggest a couple of meeting times using a tool like https://calendly.com/.

3, 4, 5: follow up & be creative. Earn the right to talk to them.

Our leads are TCPA compliant so the consumer electronically signs that they expect to be called. That doesn't mean they have to accept every call that comes in!
How good is your Vmail message? If someone left a VM message like the one you leave, would you return the call? Think about it.

So, what exactly are your processes? Can they be improved on to make internet leads work better for you?

A good question is, If they were interested in getting a quote, then why aren't they answering the phone?

Is it because 8+ agents just bought the lead & now have to & will harass the poor soul?

Do you honestly believe consumers go online, submit info for a quote on the very first site they visit, and then stop and wait on someone to call before continuing their search?

They are not answering the phone because they don't want to interact that way until they know who you are. Do you immediately start sending a drip email to them? Earn the right to talk to them.

I earned the right to speak with them when I paid for the lead. Are agents told on the vendor sales call, "Ok, now listen, we are going to sell this info to 6 or 7 other agents at the same time, so you have to be quick about it & you have to keep calling & e-mailing & hope you land on their answering or reading your e-mail."

Do you honestly believe consumers go online, submit info for a quote on the very first site they visit, and then stop and wait on someone to call before continuing their search?

Well sure. What would compel them to keep looking? Especially if there was a popup stating that an agent (one) will be calling shortly.

Any way it boils down to you get what you pay for. I just signed up with a "Live transfer co" I'll see how that works out & report back.

I earned the right to speak with them when I paid for the lead. Are agents told on the vendor sales call, "Ok, now listen, we are going to sell this info to 6 or 7 other agents at the same time, so you have to be quick about it & you have to keep calling & e-mailing & hope you land on their answering or reading your e-mail."

Well sure. What would compel them to keep looking? Especially if there was a popup stating that an agent (one) will be calling shortly.

Any way it boils down to you get what you pay for. I just signed up with a "Live transfer co" I'll see how that works out & report back.

I pay $35 a lead. I just left a home where I sold two plans. The guy told me his wife was denied yesterday, after we had made this appointment. Of course they were hitting multiple sites.

Why would you expect a grown person to syop and wait for a quote from just you?

I have no idea what your experience level is, but I've been in this business since 2003 & not even back in those days could one assume the things you are assuming.
HTQ has sold leads over the years to as few as 3 and as many as 8...8 was a huge mistake for both the consumer & the agent. Today it is 4, but on average most leads only sell 2 x.
Absolutely no way you bought the right to have the consumer answer your phone calls or return you calls! That is an interesting opinion you have for sure.

But hey, I hope the live transfers do what you think they will do. Good luck with that and please report back here your experience.

You didn't respond with what you are doing to make working internet leads successful for you/your agency. Please tell us what is working for you. I gave you one idea in my post above.

Good luck.

Bob, Calendly looks very interesting but their website tells me almost nothing about how it works. Seems like Google Calendar but does not require recipient to have a Google account. I don't believe I have ever seen a site like Calendly that has so little information on how it works. Not even a demo or video.

Bob, Calendly looks very interesting but their website tells me almost nothing about how it works. Seems like Google Calendar but does not require recipient to have a Google account. I don't believe I have ever seen a site like Calendly that has so little information on how it works. Not even a demo or video.

Site sucks but product works great. Basically once you have a Calendly account, you put the link in an email & the consumer/client clicks onto your page at Calendly. They then pick a date/time that works for them & Calendly adds it to both your calendars.

Another app that I prefer is: Assistant.to. It has a plugin for your gmail/outlook email that lets you pick several times. It looks like this in your email:
+++++
Please click on a time to instantly schedule a meeting with me. We will both receive calendar invites.

Meeting: Bob & Bob: Meeting
Time Zone: PDT (View in your timezone)

Thursday, April 9 Friday, April 10
9:00am-9:30am
Works for me
12:00pm-12:30pm
Works for me
1:00pm-1:30pm
Works for me
2:00pm-2:30pm
Works for me
10:00am-10:30am
Works for me
12:30pm-1:00pm
Works for me
4:00pm-4:30pm
Works for me
None of these times work | Scheduled with Assistant.to
+++++

It lays out much nicer in your email than what I copy/pasted here. Both are Free apps...the Best kind:)

Calendly works as it doesn't require you to do any work when you send out an email vs. Assistant.to requires you to customize each date/time for each email. I use Assistant.to when working with existing clients as I'm writing a unique email. We use Calendly for our drip email campaigns.

Bob, I hope this explains so you understand. If not, you have my cell & other contact info so give me a shout!

Blessings all!

Bob

HTQ has sold leads over the years to as few as 3 and as many as 8...8 was a huge mistake for both the consumer & the agent. Today it is 4, but on average most leads only sell 2 x.

Sorry that this probably a silly question.

Am I reading this correctly. You sell the same lead to multiple agents?

Back