My first post, your opinions on Guardian.

fjman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Well I've been with guardian for the last 7 or 8 months and I'm a bit disenchanted. I haven't really been all that successful but I've had a couple of decent deals and a bunch of small ones. Answering to my GA and manager is mind numbing and exhausting. I get the typical "if you produce more we'll get off your back" comments. No one in my office seems happy. What gives? Despite a few comments on here about Guardians training being superb, I'd have to say mine has been more of a jumbled mess that never follows through on any specific ideas or subjects.

What do all of the non-Guardian reps out there think of Guardian?

I like their WL but haven't really compared it to anyone elses. Even their new UL looks good, though I don't sell it. I like the flexibilty of being able to sell other carriers (which I guess isn't the case with some other companies like NWern).

Maybe its time to think about going independant. I have yet to build up enough AP to really freak out over the lost renewals. I've probably learned as much as they're ever going to teach me!

The only reason (for me) to go captive is for training and surport. If you feel that your not getting that then probaly time to move on.

You can pose your ? here also- Disability Insurance Forums

Probaly wouldn't give your location to avoid any drama.

How are the other newer agents doing in the office?

Actually, I am starting to sell some health. Those checks add up! LEAP is outta there too. Now Guardian now uses the "Living Balance Sheet". Its pretty good stuff but I haven't bitten the $300+/month usage bullet yet. It is one thing I am considering to add to what I'm doing now.

It does bother me to think that if I decided to leave 5 years down the line, I lose my clients and trails......

Actually, I am starting to sell some health. Those checks add up! LEAP is outta there too. Now Guardian now uses the "Living Balance Sheet". Its pretty good stuff but I haven't bitten the $300+/month usage bullet yet. It is one thing I am considering to add to what I'm doing now.

It does bother me to think that if I decided to leave 5 years down the line, I lose my clients and trails......

Hmmmm, you don't vest at some point?

How much do your so called managers make? Is anyone pulling down 6 or 7 figures?

WL and UL - is it the 1970's again? I believe both products are essentially dead - everyone has figured out buy as much cheap term as you can - buy ROP if you really want your money back. Invest the difference - WL is such a waste of money until you are very deep into the policy, even then I would argue it is still bad all around.

People pretty much figured out letting insurance companies invest your money is a crummy idea all around.

So is selling to your friends and family and having no leads of prospects who want your service.

Most of these outfits I see little value in other than to continue to discourage new agents - it is a tough gig...

Last edited:
How much do your so called managers make? Is anyone pulling down 6 or 7 figures?

WL and UL - is it the 1970's again? I believe both products are essentially dead - everyone has figured out buy as much cheap term as you can - buy ROP if you really want your money back. Invest the difference - WL is such a waste of money until you are very deep into the policy, even then I would argue it is still bad all around.

People pretty much figured out letting insurance companies invest your money is a crummy idea all around.

So is selling to your friends and family and having no leads of prospects who want your service.

Most of these outfits I see little value in other than to continue to discourage new agents - it is a tough gig...

I just love health agents, when you start a company that last for over 150 years and build what Guardian/NW/NYL has, then you come and tell me all about it.

Fact is, the WL and/or the UL contract is accepted by most if not all credible financial advisors as a solid piece of any well rounded financial plan. The biggest debate now is Low or No Load Vs Commission contracts, not the absence of them.

Well I've been with guardian for the last 7 or 8 months and I'm a bit disenchanted. I haven't really been all that successful but I've had a couple of decent deals and a bunch of small ones. Answering to my GA and manager is mind numbing and exhausting. I get the typical "if you produce more we'll get off your back" comments. No one in my office seems happy. What gives? Despite a few comments on here about Guardians training being superb, I'd have to say mine has been more of a jumbled mess that never follows through on any specific ideas or subjects.

What do all of the non-Guardian reps out there think of Guardian?

I like their WL but haven't really compared it to anyone elses. Even their new UL looks good, though I don't sell it. I like the flexibilty of being able to sell other carriers (which I guess isn't the case with some other companies like NWern).

Maybe its time to think about going independant. I have yet to build up enough AP to really freak out over the lost renewals. I've probably learned as much as they're ever going to teach me!

Let me ask this, what market are you marketing too? Individuals, businesses, small business owners? Plus how are you prospecting, I would assume this is at the heart of the issue. You got one of the best products out there in the industry.

I just love health agents, when you start a company that last for over 150 years and build what Guardian/NW/NYL has, then you come and tell me all about it.

I have set a note in ACT to follow up with you October 21, 2157 I'll let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back