My first week at Physicians Mutual

jody108

Guru
100+ Post Club
Okay, I'm studying all of the Physician Mutual training material and call prospecting/sales material ...

Seems like a strong company ....

However, i don't see the point in staying captive with this company or any company ...

are there any benefits other than the training?

I guess you get their leads ... their name?

Does anyone even know if you can sell PM if you aren't captive with them?

If I were to go independent, where would I start? How do you get linked up with companies and companies would you work with? Any references to current threads on this subject or any information you may have would be appreciated.

also, any forum topics/links to how to sell on the web in your pajamas etc

Thank you very much,

Jody

As far as I know, physicians mutual is not at all captive. They are "right of first refusal". That is different.

You can have other appointments with other insurance companies. However, you are to first apply at physicians, try and place it, and if it is rejected, you may go elsewhere. At least that's how it was -when I worked there- earlier this year.

TMI

Unless you look like this . . .

I'll take four of whatever she has to offer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Okay, I'm studying all of the Physician Mutual training material and call prospecting/sales material ...

Seems like a strong company ....

However, i don't see the point in staying captive with this company or any company ...

are there any benefits other than the training?

I guess you get their leads ... their name?

Does anyone even know if you can sell PM if you aren't captive with them?

If I were to go independent, where would I start? How do you get linked up with companies and companies would you work with? Any references to current threads on this subject or any information you may have would be appreciated.

also, any forum topics/links to how to sell on the web in your pajamas etc

Thank you very much,

Jody

Hi Jody,

If you planning on working the senior market I will be more than happy to share what I know about organizing, contracting, prospecting and closing.

Give me a call anytime. Early morning is the best time to catch me. I'm in the central time zone. 7am usually works great for me.

Last edited:
PM, is not captive by any means, if you using their leads of course you must push their products first, then if pm will not accept them you can pursue other carriers.

I believe if you sign up to recieve advances from them, you must take the "paid on submission not on issue". This can be good and very dangerous for new agents so be careful.

when I worked there they let me choose between "as earned" or advances on most products. but now I guess you are an "advance agent" or "as earned" agent. no picking and choosing for the agents- now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
so, please report back original poster: how is it going? well, I hope.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back