My Identity Got Stolen when I Applied for Appointment Through Some Health and Life Companies.

gavros777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
My Identity Got Stolen when I Applied for Appointment Through Some Health and Life Insurance Companies.

I have never got my identity stolen before and the only place i have given my SSN is to the insurance companies they require me to appoint me. On October 2014 i applied for some appointments through humana, united health care one, american general and transamerica(oh and dairyland).
On November 24 someone filled for an unemployment claim under my name and SSN.

I called the unemployment fraud department and informed them about it. What else would you guys recommend me doing?

I have never given my SSN elsewhere for over 3 years so either one of the above companies database got hacked or someone is selling or giving away our identity!

Last edited:
These days, it is really hard to keep our private information from the eyes of hackers or breachers. Filling out anything on the computer is subject to be stolen. There are many other ways your information can be stolen. A clerk who processes paperwork, a clumsy doctor who doesn't shred important paperwork, or even a regular burglary.

Basically, it is almost close to impossible to protect your identity these days. You should look at purchasing something like Lifelock that will cover you in a situation like this.

These days, it is really hard to keep our private information from the eyes of hackers or breachers. Filling out anything on the computer is subject to be stolen. There are many other ways your information can be stolen. A clerk who processes paperwork, a clumsy doctor who doesn't shred important paperwork, or even a regular burglary.

Basically, it is almost close to impossible to protect your identity these days. You should look at purchasing something like Lifelock that will cover you in a situation like this.

Thanks for the help! My brother just told me about lifelock too. I will contact them immediately, i heard good things about them.

Consider LegalShield Identity Theft membership along with a legal plan. I'D Theft is one thing and restoration is another. Just consider this for a moment. Your ID has been stolen and a crime has been committed in your name. The police knock at your door at 2am. What do you do?

With a LS membership you can say "I Need to contact an Attorney" and make the call. Feel free to contact me about the LS ID Theft or family membership. Just let me know what state your in.

Latest posts

Back