My new premium? $214

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
I pulled the trigger and re-wrote my family. I was paying just over $400 for the three of us; I'm 41, wife 46, son 7.

New premium? $214. You heard me - $214.

$10,000 deductible HSA and screw it. I'm in "health insurance is for asset protection" mode - if they offered a $15,000 HSA deductible I've have chosen that.

I bust on my clients for complaining but I looked at my monthly payments thinking "this is rubbish." Married for 11 years and with our son our "huge" medical event was my son's ear infection.

I was actually looking at the $15,000 Max Plan however that's only $209 and didn't make any sense when compared to the 10K HSA.

I could have gone completely whacked out with the $25K deductible for $164 but again - not justified.

So I'm set - for years. Can handle years and years of rate increases without having to "f" with this all the time.

We pay about $360 per month (Anthem HSA) M 50 F48 2 kids. $6000 Ded. Side fund contributions are another $125 per month.

Fortunately, we have all enjoyed good health. But I would not change the ded.

I must I say that I miss the days when my employer paid 95% of the $10,000 premium on the group health policy. HMO with very little out of pocket costs.

Back