My office is not what I thought, bad sitaution

Dexes

Expert
Hello, this week I started working at a local insurance office in California. I'm a few days in and I walked into something I would have kept far away from. My license application was paid for by the owner and I'm awaiting approval but I'm afraid I won't make it or learn in this office. My goal is to help people while making a living/having a career. I sort of lost about how to make a exit to another office.

So far this is the negative I have seen:

• Quoting things incorrectly on auto insurance quotes, manipulating quotes( discounts, good driving courses that they have not done nor know about etc.) The goal of this is to create a artificial lower quote for the need of business.
  • The one full time woman there is on her phone every minute of the day. It vibrates loud on the desk from text messages every 10 seconds (no joke). The owner says nothing accept ( don't have too much fun).
  • There isnt much direction the owner has been doing insurance for like 3 years and isnt very knowledable.
  • Agency is not profittable at all. Was told I will fill that gap hopefully, meanwhile they don't leave the office or make effort.
  • The loss ratio for this office is terrible. They write bad business
  • This sounds silly but its 95 degrees where I am right now and they barely use the A/C. I was sweating bullets and she turns the air on and the girl takes a tower heater and has it blowing on her...wtf
  • They have no appointments maybe one every other week. They maybe do some outside business once a month.
  • One person in the office who texts all day left the lead system running and wasted $100 because the owner left the office for a company meeting. She couldn't care less.

What is your question?

If you are still able to walk after working in a 95 degree office, why haven't you left yet?
What I am saying is I just started at this insurance agency. My license is awaiting approval and I would want to stay with the same company SF. I feel like I'm stuck in this office. I'm in the middle of their modules etc.

• There isnt much direction the owner has been doing insurance for like 3 years and isnt very knowledable.
  • Agency is not profittable at all. Was told I will fill that gap hopefully, meanwhile they don't leave the office or make effort.

On this alone... RUN! You were hired to solve a problem that the owner has no knowledge of how to fix OR to train/run their business enough to fix it.

Your license belongs to you - regardless of who paid for it.

I sort of lost about how to make a exit to another office.

Most other jobs would appreciate/require a two week notice.

This isn't one of those industries.

Dexes, I understand your statement. Everything makes sense, and I have no confusion whatsoever about your feelings. Still, I have the same two questions.

What question are you on the forum to get answered?

If you are still able to walk after working in a 95 degree office, why haven't you left yet?

On this alone... RUN! You were hired to solve a problem that the owner has no knowledge of how to fix OR to train/run their business enough to fix it.

Your license belongs to you - regardless of who paid for it.

Most other jobs would appreciate/require a two week notice.

This isn't one of those industries.

The first 15 minutes I was there she told me they are doing 32k and need to be writing 50k. She has someone there part time who openly does not want to sell, make calls, leads etc.. but you don't fire employees who become friends.

Dexes, I understand your statement. Everything makes sense, and I have no confusion whatsoever about your feelings. Still, I have the same two questions.

What question are you on the forum to get answered?

I'm working with SF and I want to go to another SF office. I have my alias etc. To be more in depth I'm curious to the transfer process. Another contributor advised that no notice is necessary. Thanks for being patient with me, I'm a little scrambled and kind of in shock I walked into something like this.

Hello, this week I started working at a local insurance office in California. I'm a few days in and I walked into something I would have kept far away from. My license application was paid for by the owner and I'm awaiting approval but I'm afraid I won't make it or learn in this office. My goal is to help people while making a living/having a career. I sort of lost about how to make a exit to another office.

So far this is the negative I have seen:

• Quoting things incorrectly on auto insurance quotes, manipulating quotes( discounts, good driving courses that they have not done nor know about etc.) The goal of this is to create a artificial lower quote for the need of business.
  • The one full time woman there is on her phone every minute of the day. It vibrates loud on the desk from text messages every 10 seconds (no joke). The owner says nothing accept ( don't have too much fun).
  • The loss ratio for this office is terrible. They write bad business
  • This sounds silly but its 95 degrees where I am right now and they barely use the A/C. I was sweating bullets and she turns the air on and the girl takes a tower heater and has it blowing on her...wtf
  • They have no appointments maybe one every other week. They maybe do some outside business once a month.
  • One person in the office who texts all day left the lead system running and wasted $100 because the owner left the office for a company meeting. She couldn't care less.

Snitches get Stitches . . .

Snitches get Stitches . . .

Because I'm concerned about being in a ethical, financially healthy, team-driven environment. I'm brand new to this industry, I don't know how a lot of things work. I've never stepped into a business where it's all friends. Thank you for the informative contribution.

Because I'm concerned about being in a ethical, financially healthy, team-driven environment. I'm brand new to this industry, I don't know how a lot of things work. I've never stepped into a business where it's all friends. Thank you for the informative contribution.

No - you posting your issues on a forum . . .

Latest posts

Back