My prediction, AARP Med Supp rates will increae.

Trent

As a California agent appointed to sell the AARP Medicare supplement, all applicants are eligible for their plan unless they have ESRD.

Due to AARP liberal underwriting I have placed several applicants with the AARP plan, as my other company (Anthem Blue Cross)would not enroll the applicant, such as being treated or had a stroke, heart disease etc.

(The applicants were out of the guarantee issue period, had current health problems and would only qualify for a Med supp through AARP)

AARP will have to raise the rates in the future due to the adverse selection or begin to have stricter underwriting rules.

AARP has had these liberal underwriting rules for years. I doubt they will change. Like most MedSupp's, they will have rate changes. They have volume.

Others sit on their hands and copy the other carriers underwriting rules.

AARP has had these liberal underwriting rules for years. I doubt they will change. Like most MedSupp's, they will have rate changes. They have volume.

Others sit on their hands and copy the other carriers underwriting rules.

True Dat!!... nuttin new here.

They have a deep well to draw from. $27 million in med supp. premiums per year in Missouri alone.

Back