My Pregnant Girfriend Needs Good Insurance

SO its going to be my first kid and im not that great on the health side and what good price ranges are.

Her work offered insurance and I think she has to now wait for her new enrollement period which the paper for the health insurance company "starbridge" says before July 1st of the year... I have no idea what that means.

But her insurance would be 119.34/monthly

$10 doctor visit, and $10,000 a year for inpatient care.

$15 generic and $30 preferred brand.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Accidental insurance as well with a $100 deductable...

Please dont think im shopping around, im not here to buy insurance or anything along thoese lines...

I just want to make sure if I try and find a loop hole to get her enrolled so the first born is healthy..

Last edited:
No loop hole to cover her after she is pregnant. It is too late to close the barn door after the horse has already gotten out.

Last edited:
Starbridge is junk insurance.

Keep your pecker in your pants and pony up for PCIP like a real man.

Starbridge is junk insurance.

Keep your pecker in your pants and pony up for PCIP like a real man.

PCIP = Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan

Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan: Pennsylvania

Eligible residents of Pennsylvania can apply on-line for coverage through the state’s Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan program known as PA Fair Care.
To qualify for coverage:
  • You must be a citizen or national of the United States or residing in the United States legally.
  • You must have been uninsured for at least the last six months before you apply.
  • You must have a pre-existing condition or have been denied coverage because of your health condition.
PA Fair Care covers a broad range of health benefits, including primary and specialty care, hospital care, and prescription drugs. All covered benefits are available for you, even if it’s to treat a pre-existing condition.
Premium:$283.20 per monthDeductible:$1,000 in-networkOut of Pocket Limit:$5,000 in-network

You need to find out if she can enroll without pre-ex. The starbridge I know health screens.

She's pregnant now? Need to save your dollars right now because you need to buck up.

Insurance can only bail your backside out if you have it "before" the need arises. If she's pregnant now, unless your state has no pre-ex anymore, you're stuck.

Back