My vent to Blue Shield

On another note, I had always planned on keeping my clients with the same policy for years and years. Assurant allows higher deductibles and supps apps to get the rates down, GR does not.

However, I have now been independent for just over 3 years. I went indie June of 2003. For the last 2 months for the 1st time in my career I've been calling my clients getting their 3rd rate increase.

Overwhelmingly (as in 95%) are saying "GET THIS RATE DOWN!" I can do that, but it would require a supp app with Assurant which starts a new claims review period.

Now, why would I re-write them with Assurant, not lower their rate all that much and start a new review period for a whopping renewal commission when I can drop their rate over 50%, write 'em with GR and get a 1st year commish?

So now I'm in the process of flipping about $750,000 worth of business that I wrote starting in June of '03. Amazingly a lot of people getting their 3rd renewal notice are really bitter on Assurant. I obviously tell them that GR will also rate increase them each year. At that point they don't really seem to care. They seem to want to exact some type of "revenge" on Assurant for 3 years on increases.

Any other senior guys experience this?

On another note, I had always planned on keeping my clients with the same policy for years and years. Assurant allows higher deductibles and supps apps to get the rates down, GR does not.

However, I have now been independent for just over 3 years. I went indie June of 2003. For the last 2 months for the 1st time in my career I've been calling my clients getting their 3rd rate increase.

Overwhelmingly (as in 95%) are saying "GET THIS RATE DOWN!" I can do that, but it would require a supp app with Assurant which starts a new claims review period.

Now, why would I re-write them with Assurant, not lower their rate all that much and start a new review period for a whopping renewal commission when I can drop their rate over 50%, write 'em with GR and get a 1st year commish?

So now I'm in the process of flipping about $750,000 worth of business that I wrote starting in June of '03. Amazingly a lot of people getting their 3rd renewal notice are really bitter on Assurant. I obviously tell them that GR will also rate increase them each year. At that point they don't really seem to care. They seem to want to exact some type of "revenge" on Assurant for 3 years on increases.

(From a previous post I made)

I have a boat load of clients that have been with me for 12 years or so, and guess what, after they have had two or three rate increases I get a call and they want to change to a more affordable plan. Commission is extremely important to me but I will put them with a plan that has a good price/benefits ratio. Regardless of how much I make. (Something is better than nothing)

If the bloody insurance companies would quit stiching clients up after the first or second year, I would be very happy to leave them where they are.
But I do not forsee that ever happening.

Nope. It was my goal to keep people with the same company. Come year three it just ain't happening. Some are willing to suck it up - most aren't. I've moved my own family, my sister and my brother. Neither want to continue at high rates when they can get much lower ones. Again, as long as they understand the ramifications of a new claims review period starting everything is fine.

Carefirst in MD is the same. If there's a pre-ex condition it's an APS. "Allow 4 to 6 weeks for underwriting." I've had BC cases go three months. It is what it is. When I do BS it means I cannot put them anywhere else. As it stands right now GR gets 1st dibs, then Coventry, then Assurant, then Aetna and BS brings up the rear.

Do you have a direct contract with Golden Rule? If so I would appreciate a link to sign with them. They seem to do well in Texas.

All These Probs With Underwriting Sounds Like Unicare... Biggest Peice Of Crap In Texas.... Ungerwriting Does An Aps For A Stumped Toe... Sti, Doent Even Comment, U Know They Are A Bitch In Underwriting.

Took you 3 1/2 years to agree??

Whats funny is he finds he needs to agree to 3 year old posts instead of current threads either he thinks we won't notice or there is some seo benefit to bringing back old threads.

Back