Myspace Anyone?

Has anyone used Myspace / Facebook for networking and marketing? I tried one at one point...but it didn't seem to generate any business. I have sent messages to agents on myspace to see how it is working for them...and they don't respond back! lol

Any input on the Myspace thing? I am working for a captive agency...and I can't have my own web page, but I can have a myspace/facebook page!

About 23% of the traffic to my website comes from social networking websites. I really like twitter my name there is J_T_Ray, follow me if you want.

Also, I'm a captive agent and I am able to have my own site, check it out in my signature. I just couldn't use my companies name anywhere in it and I can't mention anything securities related.

I may be in the minority, but I just don't think Myspace, Facebook, etc. are professional business outlets. :nah:

I may be in the minority, but I just don't think Myspace, Facebook, etc. are professional business outlets. :nah:

I'm no expert but my opinion is that MySpace isn't a great place for your business. It's more for teenagers. That being said I do have a myspace page just in case but I don't think Google even counts the links from Myspace so it doesn't really do much for my website.

Facebook on the other hand is a little more mature and can be a good networking tool. I don't think Facebook links are going to help your PR with Google either though.

You should also look into linkedin. I try not to waste too much time on these sites but I think you need to be networking online just like you do offline. Treat the social networking sites like you do your local chamber of commerce or other networking groups you attend.

You might try linkedin. It's more professional than social.

I've got some strategies for developing leads through social networks, but I'm gonna keep'm to myself for a while;)

I do have a MySpace page. But, I tried a different avenue and wanted the space to be for agents within MySpace to comunicate in a forum type atmosphere (much like this forum) I got frustrated with the lack of response after a couple of weeks and haven't been back.

Since I still can't plug in a URL go to myspace and in the search box put in "agent to agent" and in the drop down select people. then hit search

I stopped trying to reinvent the wheel and just started coming here on a regular basis.

All of those online communities seem to be complete failures for generating business.

Welcome to Web 2.0

Once again, Agents dont understand Social Networking Sites and how to set them up and have business generated. They are nothing like standard websites or techniques. Its all Marketing in a different manner to generate business. But I would learn it and grip it, Your future business owners will be living on these sites, as they do now to research and purchase products every day.

Promoting Business I would recommend Squidoo.com and creat a lense, but thats a another complete subject.

Stats: MySpace to Hit $1B in Ad Revenue
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm no expert but my opinion is that MySpace isn't a great place for your business. It's more for teenagers. That being said I do have a myspace page just in case but I don't think Google even counts the links from Myspace so it doesn't really do much for my website.

Facebook on the other hand is a little more mature and can be a good networking tool. I don't think Facebook links are going to help your PR with Google either though.

You should also look into linkedin. I try not to waste too much time on these sites but I think you need to be networking online just like you do offline. Treat the social networking sites like you do your local chamber of commerce or other networking groups you attend.

Social Networking sites, and if your pages are done correctly, Google treats these links like Gold, with alot of Authority for a backlink.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
I heard myspace is good if you your demographic is underage girls in thongs and bling hungry wanna be gangstas who all take pictures via cell phone in a mirror!

Back