Myspace Anyone?

linkedin is good if you want to network with other agents or heads of carriers, but not for making sales.

myspace is trashy

alot of agents (especially in canada) have facebook groups. most us agents are younger, right out of college trying to sell to their friends.

the best part of facebook is their advertising rates. have never used it for insurance, but its very cheap. you can put a pic/link up and pick very specific demographics on the pages that it will appear on.

The only way I would take an agents myspace page seriously, is if they just used it as a link to their personal website.
At a minimum, the agent website should have a biography, contact information, products and carriers. All the rest is fluff.

IF you are thinking about using myspace,,,then why not think about youtube also? If I had to try something like this, I would pick youtube over myspace. Make some type of good insurance video and try and get people to watch it. I've seen a couple of videos from come life companies that almost would make you want to cry.

I think videos could work, if the right person does them with the right content.

I've got some strategies for developing leads through social networks, but I'm gonna keep'm to myself for a while;)[/quote]

would love to pick your brain on some of your strategies, I too am generating leads via "those" sites.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome to Web 2.0

Once again, Agents dont understand Social Networking Sites and how to set them up and have business generated. They are nothing like standard websites or techniques. Its all Marketing in a different manner to generate business. But I would learn it and grip it, Your future business owners will be living on these sites, as they do now to research and purchase products every day.

it's obvious you understand where the online marketing is going with the Web 2.0 platform, have you developed your strategy or are you still testing what works, I know this is a goldmine!

Last edited:
Have you tried to email blast the videos or do you show them to clients?

I have one video that I use from the news, that I show clients about accidental deaths in the USA on a rise. It really backs up what I'm telling them. A video on your laptop that you are showing them can help.

I still have some Mutual of Ohama videos that they gave me to show to clients. I'm talking about some sad videos.

A video is not going to work if you don't show it to people. They won't just find it on the net and watch it. You have to put it across their path or make them watch it. I'm talking about using the videos as a tool. It can be used to reinforce what you are telling them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19080118/ <--- There is a video on this story from the nightly news. That shows you that accidental deaths are on the rise in America. I want my clients to know that I'm not just making this up.

Also the video can't be boring. If you won't watch it, they won't either.

Last edited:
Back