Myspace Anyone?

Have you tried to email blast the videos or do you show them to clients?

I have one video that I use from the news, that I show clients about accidental deaths in the USA on a rise. It really backs up what I'm telling them. A video on your laptop that you are showing them can help.

I still have some Mutual of Ohama videos that they gave me to show to clients. I'm talking about some sad videos.

A video is not going to work if you don't show it to people. They won't just find it on the net and watch it. You have to put it across their path or make them watch it. I'm talking about using the videos as a tool. It can be used to reinforce what you are telling them.

Mark-

Thanks for the reply. What I'm interested in accomplishing is to generate traffic via the web 2.0 platform, it is the next wave of online marketing and right now is the time to capitalize on that before every TOM, DICK & HENRY tries it. Not as a sole strategy of doing busines but another avenue to generate business.

I gotta say that I don't think people are using social networking sites for researching what insurance policy to buy. I think that these network platforms certainly have their uses but I would certainly guess that the majority of people will still use search engines for finding data and not a social network site. Just my two cents.

We're in the process of finishing a guide to social media that walks through how advertising in social media is different than traditional media - should have it ready next week. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post the download link here when it's ready.

The first guy is bad enough, but guys like the second guy is the reason life insurance agents have such a bad reputation...

"Who needs life insurance? EVERYBODY needs life insurance."

Target marketing at it's finest!

That guy's hillarious, thanks for that.

I am new so I'm going to try and not come across as spam but I think social media is very important. I am working on a website right now that would help insurance agents get more involved in online marketing.

But to answer your question, yes, you should have a myspace page. You don't need to update it with your favorite tv shows, books, movies, etc. But you should at least have a paragraph or two about yourself and your agency with contact info and a link to your site. Google doesn't really count myspace links as good as other sites but it's just one more net you have out in the water to catch a client with.

i tried facebook for generating insurance related business but ended up meeting new people and having parties and social activities with them.. lol

That ground hog day clip is killer! Man, if that doesn't show what people really think of a stereo typical insurance guy, I don't know what does!

Back