NAA or Look Away?

When I was working on getting my license, I was in contact with a guy from NAA but it took me too long and they stopped contacting.

Thank you (Jdeasy) for taking the time to respond! I'm going to go back and read the whole thread.

Once I am licensed, do you have to stay with one company with that same license? Or if I want to look at another company do I need another license?

Your license stays with you. Just be very careful who you sign up with. Read your contract. Some things to consider, (but certainly not all) if they will release you if you choose, any non-compete clauses if you do leave, assignment of commissions, commission levels, lead costs if you get them, production expectations...

Pour yourself a drink (if it's your thing) and read all you can on the forum. You'll at least figure out what questions to ask.

Good Luck!

Andy is a nice guy for sure. He has high powered consultants like Dan Sullivan and they consult him....55% commission better than Primerica and WFG, and Aflac...Monthly fee for recruiting meetings(The Hotel room meetings for training once a week usually 2-5 and 6-7 is the recruiting meeting then 7-8 advanced training after 8.00 Anybody who is pay...then he has a book club...then all kinds of merchandising....he sells books...a course for annuities....everything is tied to the almighty dollar and he gives a good 55% commission.....

Technically your an independent agent. However, if you do go with NAA don't share with them that your contracted with other companies. Some states allow for your appointments with carriers to show on your license record with the state. Illinois, is where I'm from. They don't provide that option.

You just have to watch out for the bottom to fall out and it will at some point. It's worse when you don't see it coming especially how they let it happen to me. Oh well, I use it as a learning lesson.

^^I'm not advising anyone to hook up with NAA. I just shared my experience. It wasn't bad for me because I didn't know any better then. Now I do.

But just because there are better options doesn't mean you can't make it with NAA. I wouldn't do it now but I wouldn't trade my experiences there either.

AIL is another that gets it share of heat and probably fairly so but Josh here at the forums got started there and came out the other side in pretty good shape.

I've seen agents wash out at NAA, then parker and Asses, then LH, then EFES, then Securus, etc. The common theme is that the agent washed out everywhere. Is every place bad or is that person not cut out for this business?

I recently hired an agent in my agency. He has been licensed for a year and has been looking for the right fit. We sent appointment papers in for several companies including Monumental Life. Surprised to be contacted by my IMO telling me that he would not be released from monumental for 3 more months(one year from appointment).
He told me he has never been with Monumental.

After further questions yes he DID talk to NAA last july but never went back. He did sign some forms at that time.
Since I am blessed to have NAA's Home office in my town the agent thinks he will go directly to them and get a release. They said there was nothing they could do.

So if anyone is thinking about even talking to them, dont sign anything dont click on anything and possibly wear a human condom for protection. Haha

^^I'm not advising anyone to hook up with NAA. I just shared my experience. It wasn't bad for me because I didn't know any better then. Now I do.

But just because there are better options doesn't mean you can't make it with NAA. I wouldn't do it now but I wouldn't trade my experiences there either.

AIL is another that gets it share of heat and probably fairly so but Josh here at the forums got started there and came out the other side in pretty good shape.

I've seen agents wash out at NAA, then parker and Asses, then LH, then EFES, then Securus, etc. The common theme is that the agent washed out everywhere. Is every place bad or is that person not cut out for this business?

everyone has to start somewhere. I had fun at the conferences. I'm sure at some point I was called a loser as they always quote those who leave, ya either with us or against us!

Maybe some folks are just searching for a place to call home. Just start your own deal, you call the shots.

Back