NAHU

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
I have been getting emails from my BCBS of Kansas City FMO/IMO (what ever you want to call them) to join the NAHU.

Missouri has a bill in the house and senate about making health care available for all. And according to FA (Financial Associates, my BCBS people) that would basically take the insurance companies out of play.

My question here is...

Does anyone belong? Is it worth my time to join?

If anyone wants a copy of what Missouri has planned (it talks about Mass as well and what they are doing with Health care) let me know. It is in Word format, but it is too large to attach here.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am a member of NAHU in the Silicon Valley Chapter (SVAHU) under CAHU (California).

It is a good organization that does a lot of good things, espcially with regard to universal state-run healthcare issues.

There are regular CE credit events and other things, I think it is worth the $30 a month (or whatever dues are in your area).

There is a heavy push to contribute to PAC for NAHU and you will get many solicitations, but they are usually snail mail and you can choose weather or not you wish to contribute.

It seems the membership chair for many of the chapters has the BCBS (here BC or BS) RSM (we call them that here - Regional Sales Manager) on board to handle membership and recuiting.

Anyway, I like NAHU and they do some good work in the overall healthcare/health insurance arena.

Dave

http://www.davefluker.com

I think that we have enough people on this forum to start are own group and hold an annual conference in Vegas. I am not knocking NAHU, AHIP, or any of other organizations out there because they seem to be a good place for some people, but I really want to see John and Scott do the robot at Studio 54.

Political Action Committees are designed, in our case, to collect money from members for the administrators of the PAC to pass out to legislators who are favorable to the PAC's position on pending legislation or to be used in their election campaign.

My sources tell me that the Missouri bill, at this time, stands a slim chance of passage this session.

I haven’t seen the bill but if you wish to garner support for it, contact every one you know in insurance in Missouri and have them send a letter to both their senator and rep.

Pre-printed letters are a WASTE OF TIME. Nothing gets their attention more than a hand written letter with the senders full name, address and phone number. If the letter does not come from someone in their district it, for the most part, is ignored. If you can't vote either for or against them then they have very little interest in listening to you.

As few as five,(5) hand written letters on given a piece of legislation from their constituents is considered a tremendous amount of input. Over 20 hand written letters on a bill that is pending is almost considered a mandate.

I have seen legislators change their vote on an issue based on three letters from their constituents.

People never write their legislators.

This isn’t just in Missouri, it is nation wide! In DC also but on a little larger scale.

I have been getting emails from my BCBS of Kansas City FMO/IMO (what ever you want to call them) to join the NAHU.

Missouri has a bill in the house and senate about making health care available for all. And according to FA (Financial Associates, my BCBS people) that would basically take the insurance companies out of play.

My question here is...

Does anyone belong? Is it worth my time to join?

If anyone wants a copy of what Missouri has planned (it talks about Mass as well and what they are doing with Health care) let me know. It is in Word format, but it is too large to attach here.

Thanks!

Is it me or has the republican party seem to have lost it's roots. On a side note, I came across this link http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-6131.html
when I was researching the Libertarians Party.

Back